Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need help with compiling error on a machine control

Customer Question
programmed in c Or C...
I need help with compiling error on a machine control programmed in c Or C +. This program controls a 1 axis small vertical press. I have just found program on floppys. I have Windows 98 laptop (required for this program). Memory was overwritten at repair facility to test repaired drive. They could not save it because there was no source code . We have serial connection to the servo drive. Pictures available.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
2/15/2016
Programmer: Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher replied 2 years ago
Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Hi, Is that program worked before on windows 98 ?

Regards
Jins

According to the repair facility the program works only on Windows 98. I can get the program loaded on Windows 98, but when we try to install the machine data we get compiling errors.

Okay, can you please give the details of machine data you are trying to install ? Is it a C or C++ code ? Can you please give the details of Compiling errors you are getting ?

Regards

Jins

I will be able to in a couple days. We are in the process of trying to install the program on Windows 98 and we keep getting error 102 wrong version of Windows for the application. It is working on a Windows 98se laptop at the repair facility but I have Windows 98 on my laptop and every time I try and install I get error 102. Once this is resolved I need to go after the compiling errors, write them down and then I will get in touch with you at that point.

Then please install Windows 98 Se on your computer and install again.

The code is basic that the machine controls are written in and I have the complete manual also. We will be installing se tomorrow. Thanks

I hope installing Windows 98 Se will fix the problem. Let me know the result after it.

Regards

Jins

The program did installed on my desktop. 1 of 6 different computers we tried. We will try and install the machine data where we are supposed to have compiling errors. Correcting those errors (if any) is what I will need you for? I believe it is written in basic. Will be in touch soon! Thanks. Jim
We cannot get the program to load on any computer so I am dead in the water. I will not need your services at this point. Maybe next week. Thanks