Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need to write a conditional formula which compares

Customer Question
weighted averages of collected sales...
I need to write a conditional formula which compares weighted averages of collected sales data
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
2/11/2016
Programmer: Richard, Consultant replied 2 years ago
Richard, Consultant

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what this formula should so and the issue you are having writing it?

Thank you

Sure, I can share the worksheet with you which will make it easier to explain

Thanks, ***** ***** it, can you explain what you want to achieve please

Row 92 of Columns D, F, H have weighted average calculations based upon the 2015 sales data. Beginning in Column K we are tracking converted accounts and the comparison data to previous "CSP", COGS, and "MARGIN" - Columns L, N, and P. As you can see Row 92 contains the same weighted average calculation for the new data. Row 93 Column R, S, and T shows a comparison of new versus old.
The problem is Column R,S and T Row 93 is comparing the converted accounts to the whole population of the old data.
I would like a formula that uses weighted average to compare the converted accounts to only the historical data for those accounts. Not the entire population
Also as I add data to the right had side for converted accounts it will automatically track and keep a running calculation

can you tell me in your own words, without worrying about the Syntax, how the formula should be please?

I thought that's what I just did
I need to compare weighted averages for CSP, COGS CPG and MARGIN CPG
but only use the rows with data in columns K-Q
as I add more data into the additional rows of K-Q the formula will update

sorry but the explanation is not helpful at least for me as I do not even see half the data sets your referring to. May be a limitation with me

Ill opt out, another expert will take over. You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when this happens.

Thanks

WTF? What data cant you see?