Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need help with the following. You now need to write a

Customer Question
I need help with the...
I need help with the following.
You now need to write a script for user maintenance. Write a script that will perform the following tasks:
Prompt the system administrator for all valid input parameters
Generate a menu to ask which task is needed to be performed
Create a UNIX group
Drop a UNIX group
Create a user
Drop a user
Note that as part of the Create User section, a UNIX group many be identified that does not already exist, so that group will need to be created as part of the process.
A third script that you need to write will kill all of the processes associated with a user. The following are the requirements:
Prompt the system administrator for the target user name
List the running processes for that user
Confirm with the system administrator before killing the processes
Kill the processes after confirmation
It is very important to note with this task that you should only kill processes for a user and his or her running processes; do not arbitrarily kill running daemons.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
2/6/2016
Programmer: educatortech, Specialist replied 2 years ago
educatortech
educatortech, Specialist

My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.

**********

What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Greg

That looks great, is it Unix shell code or Perl?

also i do not see the script to delete username and group.I am good with the current script just need to know how to do the delete portion. Thank you