Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I would like to combine multiple cells into one. With each…

Customer Question
I would like to combine...
I would like to combine multiple cells into one. With each cell separated with a "."
example:
5 separate fields below:
1
3
5
7
9
combined into one: 1.3.5.7.9
The combined result can be on the same page or same workbook but maybe a different tab.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2016
Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

lets assume for a moment that your values are each in a different row starting with A1.

The cell that you want the result in would look something like this.

=A1&"."&A2&"."&A3&"."&A4&"."&A5

just replace the cell address in the formula with the addresses that contain your values.

if you need to take values from a different sheet it would look like this

=SheetName!A1&"."&SheetName!A2&"."&SheetName!A3&"."&SheetName!A4&"."&SheetName!A5

where SheetName in each case would be the name of the sheet you are getting the value from

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

• PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME
  • IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION
  • TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

problems?