Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Why the pictures are not showing on

Customer Question
www.koernercontractors.com/portfolio.html If you look at the...
why the pictures are not showing on www.koernercontractors.com/portfolio.html
If you look at the source code, it looks right.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
1/31/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The superficial answer that I can give is simple:

There is a 'stack' of

img src="such and such URL"

references, and when you take 'such and such URL', you find that the files get a 'not found' error. a File Not Found 404 error.

That means that those img files are NOT where the URLs in the stack say they should be.

Check, find, the proper URLs. Insert them in place of the 'stack' of incorrect URLs. After that, it should work - or at minimum, be much closer to working.

If you need any guidance on how to do so, let me know... my first suggestion, check whether the folder

/img/

exists in the KoernerContractors.com site. And check whether those img files referenced in the 'stack' are actually in the /img/ folder, as opposed to in the basal folder of the site.

all images are in img folder

here are the folders

img

incl

js

aboutphil.html

index.html

portfolio.html

and all the pictures are in img folder

OK. Then why, when I use the first URL in the 'stack' shown in the code of the Page Source listing for your portfolio.html, do I get a 404 Not Found for those URLs? Please bring the portfolio page up in your web browser, and go to Tools - Page Source (or similar, depending upon your exact browser) and view the stack of URLs in the Page Source. Copy one URL out of that 'stack' of code, and Paste it into your web browser's Address bar, then access it. You'll see what I mean.

Until those coded URLs in the 'stack' are correct and can bring up image files, you cannot use them to display images... until those URLs are corrected to actually point to actual locations of image files.

I am getting a page without the pictures. Here is a print screen

http://www.koernercontractors.com/portfolio.jpg

never mind I found the problem.

I'm glad to hear that the problem has been remedied, by whatever means.

I hope I managed to guide you toward the problem.

Please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.

Russell H., Programmer & Coder