Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am writing VB code to CreateLine function. How can I pass…

Customer Question
Hello, I am writing VB code...
I am writing VB code to CreateLine function. How can I pass the value to
this script and create 2nd, 3rd line, etc. (depends on how many line in Invoice)?
calc.AddLine(CreateLine(50, "1", "1", "EA"))
calc.AddLine(CreateLine(100, "2", "1", "EA"))
Private Function CreateLine(ByVal grossAmount As Integer, ByVal LineNumber As String, ByVal Quantity As Integer, ByVal UOM As String) As ILineInfo
Dim Line As LineInfo
Dim inv As InvoiceItem
Line = New LineInfo
inv = New InvoiceItem
Line.GrossAmount = Convert.ToString(inv.extended_price)
Line.LineNumber = inv.line_number '(will have multiple lines)
I am new VB programer and thank you for the help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
1/26/2016
Programmer: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

Sometimes pasting formatted data directly into this site doesn't
render as you'd expect, and can become difficult to read.
I'm not sure I got all the information correctly and completely.
Could you please upload any files related to this project to wikisend.com
(or a file sharing site of your choice) so I may have a look?
If there are multiple files, it's easiest to put them in a compressed (zipped)
folder and upload just that one item.

Thanks,
Ingo U

PS If you're not familiar with wikisend, it's easy and free:
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID or the Download Link and come back here and paste it in your reply.

Hello,I have upload the file ID 976634
http://wikisend.com/download/976634/KimVB.txt

I'm sorry,
After reviewing the question, I regret that I won't be able to assist you at this time.

I am opting out and opening the question up to other professionals here who may be able to help.

Regards,
Ingo U

What I have now for the line items is hard code, but is not want I want. The values need to be passed through InvoiceItem
Programmer: Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor replied 2 years ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor

Have you tried to loop this?

ex

For each line in lineArray()

<to do code here>

Next line

where your to do code is roughly:

dim lineIncrement as Integer = 50

dim linenumber as String = Line.LineNumber?

calc.AddLine(CreateLine(lineIncrement, lineNumber, "1", "EA"))

lineIncrement = lineIncrement + 50

etc....