Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am using google apps script to upload multiple files to…

Customer Question
I am using google apps...
I am using google apps script to upload multiple files to google drive. I need to figure out how to load each file separately. Right now I am creating a single blob file which then creates the files in google drive. Works great but size limitations are reached to easily at 10 MB. So If I create each file separately then I can upload files that have a size of up to 10 MB each.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
1/26/2016
Programmer: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

Could you please post, attach or upload all relevant requirements, details, work in progress or any other related file(s)?

Thanks,
Ingo

Here is the html file that I have at this point for one solution.body {
background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
<input type="submit" value="Upload File"
onclick="this.value='Uploading..';
google.script.run.withSuccessHandler(fileUploaded)
.uploadFiles(this.parentNode);
return false;">
function fileUploaded(status) {
document.getElementById('myForm').style.display = 'none';
document.getElementById('output').innerHTML = status;
}
input { display:block; margin: 20px; }and here is the .gs filefunction doGet(e) {
return HtmlService.createHtmlOutputFromFile('forms_test.html');
}function uploadFiles(form) {
try {
var zigBox = "Zigbox";
var folder, folders = DriveApp.getFoldersByName(zigBox);
if (folders.hasNext()) {
folder = folders.next();
} else {
folder = DriveApp.createFolder(zigBox);
}
/* for (var i = 0; i < input.files.length; i++)
{
var blob = input.files[i];
var file = folder.createFile(blob);
file.setDescription("Uploaded by " + form.myName);
}*/
//Logger.log("Form: " + form)
var blob = form.myFile; //Logger.log("Blob: " + blob)
var file = folder.createFile(blob); //Logger.log("File: " + file)
var activeUser = Session.getActiveUser().getEmail();
file.setDescription("Uploaded by " + activeUser);
return "File uploaded successfully " + file.getUrl();
} catch (error) {
return error.toString();
}
}
Here is a link to a Google Document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z4puYJ5Sdc1YQL1Ygpg_wC9Y2v35pUBrdRIIOdzlnp0/edit?usp=sharingIf you can't view that then I also attached a txt file of the same thing
I will add another version to the document, so let me know if you can't view it and I'll attach another txt file, that I am actively using. The only problem with it is that it uses the create file of a blob and my blob includes all attached files in the single blob. I need them to be in their own blob so that the create file method is ran for each file rather than all in one.

I'm sorry,
After reviewing the question, I regret that I won't be able to assist you at this time.

I am opting out and opening the question up to other professionals here who may be able to help.

Regards,
Ingo U

Programmer: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, download and install MX490 series Full Driver & Software Package.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx490?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

I apologize for the inconvenience and please disregard the last response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Programmer: active1065, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
active1065
active1065, Software Engineer

Can you explain your problem a bit more. From what i understand you are reading the uploaded file as a blob and then storing it into your google drive.Correct me if i am wrong.

Just give me an idea of how many files in how many folders are you trying to upload and Where exactly are you facing issues( the client side or the server side)?

I can then be able to give you the best solution to your problem.

Ok, so since this has been so many days I solved the problem of uploading each file individually and I have my app working good from a computer but now I'm getting failures on mobile devices. It doesn't upload sometimes and many times doesn't get the folder Id. So that's what I'm working on now.

Not very familiar with Mobile os and their file systems(android/ios) .So will keep this question open. Thanks.

active1065
active1065
active1065, Software Engineer