Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need to edit bank statements. AM not sure what format the…

Customer Question
Hi. I need to edit...
Hi. I need to edit bank statements. AM not sure what format the bank sends the statement copies. What software so I need?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
Do I need to scan the statements? Will that make them editable?
1/24/2016
Programmer: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com , my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before I can assist you, I need further info..

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, are you wanting to edit the statements manually using a program such as word, or pages?

Or, are you trying to edit those statements in an actual financial planning software, such as MS Money, Quicken, Quickbooks, etc.

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Using Dell PC - Windows 8.1. MS office 2013.
I am open to editing in any format that works. If I do it in word - then I can make a PDF from the word document. If I use MS Money or Quicken, the statements won't feature the bank's logo, etc - so I believe...
Do you plan to answer in a timely manner??

I always plan to answer in a timely manner. Network issues had prevented my ability to be online.

There is one further question I need to ask you. Whats the name brand and model of the scanner you are using?

HP Laser Jet M 1530

If you want a professional solution with extra features, youd want to try the omnipage program http://amzn.to/20p0MVy

This is a software that specializes in OCR functions.. Such as scanning and editing documents. If this is something you will be doing quite often, omnipage might be worth a shot.

If however youd only need to scan and edit documents every now and then. You could probably get by with a free program such as this. http://www.simpleocr.com/

Once you download and install either program, you will be able to make editable scans in a variety of formats.

If you have further questions or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist