Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

My website is www.easyjust.com.au. The problem I am having…

Customer Question
My website is www.easyjust.com.au. The...
My website is www.easyjust.com.au. The problem I am having is related to Variations in products. When I set up a new product it works fine except when you try to look at the variations the site can not find the file photo.
Go to Chairs>Air Chair>Choose a Colour
Do you think you can help?
Trevor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
1/20/2016
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the problem you are asking about is, the drop-down menu for chair color, when the choice is changed, does not 'do' anything and the Chair picture remains 'White' in color.

Do you know how to make such a drop-down menu actually change an image, in WordPress code? Have you thought of using JavaScript code for that page function? if so I can help.

Adding some script code - something fairly simple and standard - would 'activate' the change-of-image that would display chair colors properly.

Thaqnks Russell,I am no Wordpress expert so had not thought of your solution. Would it stay stable or is there a chance it would go out of kilter each time I updated something?
Would sort of cost am I looking at?Many thanks,Trevor

I could write that script for you - if your time-frame for completion was not large.

Or you could crib a script from several public sources of no cost.

Javascript is just a block of code, that any browser can run, and you put a block at the head of the web page, and a tag or two in the drop-down menu element, and there you are, pretty much.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Hi Russell,I was not really interested in the live chat thing. I only said yes because i thought that was the next step required. We can do it by email or however you like. You have my email address from the site. I just want it fixed and you seem to know what you are doing.Best regards,Trevor

I understand - but, JustAnswer regulations require me to use the Chat feature here, not your email address... unless I picked up on your Phone Call service request, which I am unable to do at this time.

Do you know how to edit a web page, in the HTML code? or do you just use the WordPress functions to create or alter the pages on your site?

I am assuming they will refund my $28.Trevor

I have no power over refunds. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.