Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Hadoop

Customer Question
hadoop
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
1/19/2016
Programmer: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hello Heb,

What is your Hadoop question, please?

I need help with a MapReducer programing running in Linux:

Run the WordCount program and make sure the output is correct

Put a break point the in the WordCount program within Eclipse and check the input K and the V pairs for the map and the reducers and also check how many times the map and the reduce function is called.

Use a combiner for the above WordCount program and the input K and the V pairs for the map and the reducers and also check how many times the map and the reduce function is called using a Break Point.

Run the WordCount program in Python and Ruby.

Modify the WordCount program to calculate index.

The program input would be

file1.txt

Hadoop is easy

file2.txt

Hadoop is fast

and the expected output is

Hadoop,{file1.txt,file2.txt}

is,{file1.txt,file2.txt}

easy,{file1.txt

fast, {file2.txt}

Ok, please see the following pointers and let me know how you get on, or if you need further assistance:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/635218/how-to-run-word-count-program-in-hadoop-2-6-0-installed-on-ubuntu-14-04