Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

The link that you gave me is works file that is too old to

Customer Question
Hi again, the link that...
Hi again, the link that you gave me is for a works file that is too old to use. It was for 03 or 04 and won't work. Can you please get back to me and help me get this done? Thank you. BJ
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2016
Programmer: Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor replied 2 years ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor

Hello!

Unfortunately, we cannot see the prior question, or who it was that was helping with it, can you please give us this information? Thanks! :)

It was you Chris. My question was how do I transfer a PDF file in excel into a Microsoft Works Data Base so I can use it for a mail merge with a letter in Works?? At first you gave me a link to transfer it into Word, but I need it in Works not Word. I don't know how to use Excel or Word. I only know how to use Works.

Ah!

If only I could access that old question!

If you need someone to dial into the computer and do that mail merge for you, I can opt out to see if anyone wants to give it a shot!

As for the question, if your PDF file is in Excel on a worksheet or spreadsheet, (in a database) it may be possible to merge using the instructions in the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/250310

This following link is the original link I sent if I remember correctly. (there is a video link on this page that can be very helpful in showing you exactly where to click :)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/832797

I just want to know how to change a word/excel list of names, addresses, and there are many more fields - about 25 fields all together that are in an excel/word file now, into a works data base. I know how to mail merge a Works data base into a Works word processor letter.

I need to know how to change the WordExcel list into a Works data base list. I tried to copy the whole list and paste it into a Works data base list but it didn't copy correctly into columns like they should be. I just need to change the excel file into a Works data base. Do you understand what I want to do? I also want to know how to change a PDF list of names and addresses into a Works data base so I can use it for the mail merge.

The only program that I know how to deal with is Works so that is where these files have to go so I can use them. Change one type of file into another type of file.

Convert excel to works database:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/102387

Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor