Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I'm running Excel 2007 on a Windows 8 desktop. It was being

Customer Question
I'm running Excel 2007 on...
I'm running Excel 2007 on a Windows 8 desktop. It was being repaired (entirely unrelated problem) until 2 days ago when I picked it up. When I open my existing file (spreadsheet), the custom font colors that I set up, are not displaying. The entire text shows all the same color font. HOWEVER, when I do a "print preview," I can clearly see all my customized color setup. Something is going on with the display. This is NOT the case in Word documents.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
1/8/2016
Programmer: Jason Jones, Programmer replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Programmer

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Isn't there a secure site that I can use?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello... are you there?

There are secure sites, but this is not a secure site because anyone can see it. If you wish, I can remote into your system and work with you. During the remote session, we can communicate via a chat window.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When can I expect your phone call?

I did not offer a phone call service. I see that you requested one. I don't think that a phone call will help much at all. If you wish, we can wait for another expert to call you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I'll upload the file... but I have major reservations about it. Stay tuned...
I sent a file / spreadsheet that contains NO personal data. The headings are all you need. Do a "Print Preview" and you will see what the file should look like.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to connect to the Wikisend site. My computer will not let me connect to an unsecured site.

Please, try uploading to this page: http://www.megafileupload.com/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, that worked.

Thank you. Please, give me the download link it gave you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the filepath. Is that the download link you want?http://www.megafileupload.com/qOh0/My_Personal_Expenses_2016.xls
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, the filepath seems to have been truncated. Here's the full path:
www.megafileupload.com/qOho/My_Personal_Expenses_2016.xls

It looks like it is displayed correctly on my computer. This indicates that the problem is with your installation of Office.

Please, follow the instructions below:

- Close all the Office Applications
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: appwiz.cpL
- Click the Ok button.
- Locate the Office listing and click to select it
- Click the Change button
- Choose to Change and then do a Online Repair.

Once that is complete, reboot the computer once and test to verify that the document is working for you.

I will be standing by waiting for your update. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, stay tuned...

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got all the way to clicking on Repair, but it "wouldn't complete successfully." Seems like I'm SOL!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jason -- you still there?

Hello and thank you for your patience. In this case, you will have to uninstall Office and reinstall it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, Jason. At this time, I am unable to reinstall Office, so I guess we're done here. No phone call needed. I assume I will not be charged anything since my problem was not fixed. Please confirm.
Thank you,

Hello Jerry,

That is absolutely correct. I will not be given any credit whatsoever for my time and you will not be charged. When you have time, the fix is to reinstall Office.

Thank you,

Jason

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer