Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Completed BSIT concentration Software Engineering, tutored other students and classmates in Java and VB.net, C++, and Obj C.
68869132

I lost the entire content of a open office calc spreadsheet.

Customer Question

hi, i lost the entire content of a open office calc spreadsheet. i can open the spreadsheet.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way I have other similar spreadsheeets are are working fine with all data in place.
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Look in "Tools > Options > OO.o > Paths" for the location of the backups folder. If it is not there or you have not backed it up in the last 24 hours, it may be in the same folder as your original save file, in a hidden folder with a "lock" prefix.

If not there either, it is not recoverable!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went to tools, options, paths, and i see the backup folder. Now what do i do?

Assuming windows, you would want to set hidden folders to visible and look for the file that starts with "lock" in the format 'LOCK.FILENAME' See the following link for instructions on how to set folder visibility! :)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7