ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

My name is ***** *****. I need to run a macro in excel from

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** *****. I need to run a macro in excel from a filemaker script
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a filemaker database and i would like to run a script by clicking an import button that blindly opens excel, runs a macro and saves and exits then imports the records from that file
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Programming Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes so do we pay when they deliver our answer?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone working on this out of interest?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: SQL and Excel Macro Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long will this take?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will try to assit you today. May I ask, do you already have a script to do this, and require assistance getting the script to run, or do you need to have a script created?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
script created
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have looked around a bit but couldn't find anything that showed me how to do it
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

ok, I apologize, but I will not be able to create the script from scratch. There are too many variables, like the version of Excel that you are running, the version of FileMaker, your operating system, etc/. However, I am sure that one of other experts can help you. I will opt-out so that your question will be opened up to other JustAnser.com experts. Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok