ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I had a document that switched to asterisks all of a sudden

Customer Question

Customer: my name is***** had a document that switched to asterisks all of a sudden I had it saved every few minutes but don't know where to recover it is there a way i can get it back
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just updated the microsoft word in hopes of recovering it but when i opened the file again it was still in asterisks no words at all!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Programming Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I need to submit this document immediately its past the due date actually is there a way i can find my previously saved work of this document?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

could you upload the file in question so I may have a look? Perhaps the data is still in there...

Try wikisend:

Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID or the Download Link.
Then come back here and paste it in your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/982398/Paper4-PolicyBrief.docx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just wanted to make you received the link
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Hi I posted my remarks in the other thread you openend, it had popped to the top of my list.