Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in computer programming.
30970729

Copied number data from the web to excel and try to add

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** number data from the web to excel and try to add
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is showing on the status bar only count but not the sum I tried to change the format of the numbers to currency and try to sum still showing count
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Programming Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Right clicking the status bar where you have Count currently should give you a context menu to select Sum.

Let me know if you would like remote assistance with this.

Pete.