Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

Is it possible to turn on the microphone boost or AGC (if

Customer Question
Customer: Is it possible to...
Customer: Is it possible to turn on the microphone boost or AGC (if usb mic) with C# ***** ? program. I use Dragon and the mic stops working between 3 min and 3 hrs, if I check AGC it works instantly, no restarting processes or rebooting.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: can I turn on microphone boost or AGC with a C# *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Programming Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you show me how to do this $18 is easy.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Programming
12/15/2015
Programmer: Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor replied 1 year ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor

Yes it is! Though it will require some coding. There are two different APIs that are used for this, the link below describes the first, and most commonly used. (For Windows 7)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd316531(v=vs.85).aspx

For Pro audio or controlling another device (such an external USB) you would want to use the Endpoint Volume API (I have given you a link here directly to that code sample with instructions on getting it up and running in the SDK.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd940394(v=vs.85).aspx

And the last link here has C++ code to do it to AGC. Be sure to scroll down for the complete solution in the second code block :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22215342/how-to-control-microphone-boost-agc-using-c

Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor