Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

Ravi. Ratheesh. I need your help. My school messed up on my

Customer Question
For Ratheesh Ravi. Hello again...
For Ratheesh Ravi. Hello again Ratheesh. I need your help. My school messed up on my courses and it turns out I needed to take a prerequisite course before I could take the course I was in. So they switched my classes and now I have an assignment due tomorrow.
Please let me know if there is any way you can help me with this assignment. Here's the assignment: Your first task in developing the application for tracking contributors is to load a list of the people who are helping the cause. Design and develop a linked
list, implemented as a stack, to track all of the contributors. You will read the contributor information from a file provided; it is a comma delimited (CSV) file. Your design should include the following: Each contributor will have the following Information:
Name: String; //the name of the contributor City: String; //the city in which the contributor lives Country: String; //the country in which the contributor lives Phone: String; //the phone number for the contributor Contribution: Double; //the amount of the
contribution given by the contributor to the zoo ID: Integer; //identifier key for future needs Contributor Functions/Methods: Input constructor: //to accept a string for the name and additional information for each contributor (this should call the Push constructor
to implement the stack) Print constructor: //to print out the contributor data Pop constructor Push constructor Deliverables: A fully documented program to load the data implemented as a stack A test plan to show how the program runs and can be executed A
screenshot showing that the program loaded the data, and after all data is loaded, perform a single pop of the stack This is the provided csv file it was talking about : ***** ***** USA(###) ###-####200 25 Gordon Miner USA(###) ###-####150 32 Jean Bell USA(###) ###-#### ***** 33 Mike Prather USA(###) ###-####155 34 Thank you and I hope to hear back from you soon. Angela (Customer) George Pipps USA(###) ###-####100 35
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
11/20/2015
Programmer: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

Hi, do you still need help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid for fast delivery. They screwed up my classes do I was put in class yesterday, it's due tomorrow and I am swamped with other assignments due today and tomorrow. Can I also get explanatory notes too if that's ok? Thank you

OK, let's see what we can do.

What programming language is this for? And, what platform (OS) & tools (compiler) are being used?

Sometimes pasting formatted data directly into this site doesn't render as you'd expect.
I'm not sure I got all the information correctly and completely.
Could you please upload any files related to this project to wikisend.com (or a file sharing site of your choice) so I may have a look? If there are multiple files, it's easiest to put them in a compressed (zipped) folder and upload just that one item.

Thanks,
Ingo U

PS If you're not familiar with wikisend, it's easy and free:
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link. Copy either the File ID or the Download Link and come back here and paste it in your reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the csv file http://wikisend.com/download/239920/contributors.csv and my assignment http://wikisend.com/download/529418/IP1.docx From what I gather from the class, it is dealing with all program languages. I just got done with C++ a few months ago, and this instructor is talking about Java so I think it may be Java related too. I'll know more about the class on Saturday after we have our chat session. But this is due Saturday midnight so if I wait till Saturday afternoon when we have chat it will only give me a few hours to finish it. Please let me know if you can help. I have a mac and a windows pc both running the most recent platforms and on the windows pc I have the microsoft compiler, eclipse, and another free compiler but can't remember the name right now (I'm on the mac). Thanks so much.

This assignment doesn't make much sense. It talks about "constructors" in a way that is nonsense, certainly in any sense I'm aware of. It barely describes what the program is expected to do.

Without even knowing what programming language to use, it's kind of impossible to know where to start. Aren't there any course materials, syllabus, files, anything to give us some context?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will look
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is a copy of the course description and syllabus. http://wikisend.com/download/168254/Course description.docx

OK, great, there are some links "Go to learning materials" and "Go to assignment details" in there that look promising but I can't get there since I can't log in as a student. Can you get me copies of them?

https://classroom.coloradotech.edu/3/6#/class/63849/learningmaterials?GroupName=Unit%201#top

https://classroom.coloradotech.edu/3/6#/class/63849/assignment/452588

https://classroom.coloradotech.edu/3/6#/class/63849/assignment/452582

and perhaps most critical:

https://classroom.coloradotech.edu/3/6#/class/63849/assignment/452594

Oddly enough it lists a Java book at the beginning, but then refers to the "Standard Template Library" which is a C++ - specific thing. Hopefully the details above might shine some light on this...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here's the links on word. http://wikisend.com/download/437760/Links.docx I hope this helps. Like I said, I am lost with this class. I have no clue what it's asking for right now. The book is Java but they talk a lot about C++ too.

That's still just more links to pages I cannot access, mostly the same text I saw before.

Like, "Scenario", "Learning Materials", etc.. or are those just bookmarks to the sorry paragraphs below them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Most of them are. The others are links to kinda like definitions. I've found most of those links worthless and I think they are page fillers personally. If we can't figure it out I'll try to ask for an extension from my instructor and see if he can explain it in more detail to me on what he wants and what this class is going to be dealing with on Saturday.

Well, you said you have the Microsoft Compiler - do you mean Visual Studio? What version (year)? 2015?
I would say I'll go ahead and start on a C++ program with my best guess as to what's appropriate.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's visual studio 2013 or 2015. Not sure what the school gave me.

Here's a VS2015 solution that "does what it says", as far as I can guess...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfjph66yp7rqd54/Zoo-1.zip?dl=0

PLease let me know what you find.

Regards,

Ingo

Remember to unzip to a real folder on your disk...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I ran the code I got this : 1>------ Build started: Project: Zoo-1, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(64,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for v140 (Platform Toolset = 'v140') cannot be found. To build using the v140 build tools, please install v140 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Upgrade Solution...".
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Do I need the code to point to anything? not sure why I'm getting the error. Oh and it was visual studio ultimate 2013 that they gave me.

Aha, I did it in 2015; here's a converted version "down" to 2012...

Your 2013 might take you through an upgrade conversion, but the code should without changes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you send a link to the new 2012 version? I also can get Visual Studio Community 2015 if that will work from my school. We have a dedicated site where we can download the software.

sorry forgot to paste:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qnnytp77piqngg/Zoo-2.zip?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm still getting an error when I try to run it. 1>------ Build started: Project: Zoo-1, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
I put the cpp file in Quincy and I got an error with that also. I'm downloading the community 2015 and will try to run the original file through that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ran it on Visual Studio Community 2015 and the build was successful. I am still not familiar with VS so I am still trying to figure out how to run it after the build. But it was successful with no errors which is a good start.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello again. It's Java not C++ they are going to use for the class so it has to be done in Java. Can you still do this? I also requested an extension. He gave me till tomorrow midnight cst so I got an extra day.

OK, I'll try.

Do you have any example of any Java code written/shown in the context of this course?

Here's a java implementation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oecgqyemqxe8oi/ZooJava-src.zip?dl=0

I don't know your Java enviroment but I did it in Netbeans8.0.2 . I only sent the java source files so you can use them in just about any development situation.

Let me know how it goes...

Ingo

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have any java environment installed so I will download and install Netbeans 8.0.2 so I can run it. Thanks. I'll let you know. I don't have any examples from the course yet but waiting for my instructor to reply so I will have a better idea of what he wants.

OK, in that case here's the whole netbeans project folder, once you get netbeans installed you can just go File->Open Project and pick the project folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35od13epwy0v68y/ZooJava-NB802.zip?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, in class he wants us to incorporate linked lists. he was using myLinkedList and using for loops with the 3 parameters. for (int i=0 ; i<LinkedListSize; i++) for the counters... not sure if I explained that right for what he wanted and then to use printMe to see if the strings contain the string pairs... and then system.out and system.in I was so lost and he didn't talked to us like we already should know how to do it and this is the first assignment. So he wants us to read from the file, parse it to the list, and then print it. He also wants //notes on why we used the string and explaining the constructors.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry it didn't post my whole message. the 3 parameters int i=0 ; i<linkedListSize ; i++ and then getting the counter or counter's position. That's what I gather from what he was telling me. Could you integrate that into the code?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hmmm it must not like me adding code to the chat box. Anyways he was saying he wants us to use Java X and I'm not gonna try and add those parameters again. I'm sure you know which ones I am trying to type out.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with "Java X" if that's really what it's called, and "myLinkedList" sounds very much like something provided as part of the course materials somehow (or from a previous prerequisite class) which I don't have.

I'm afraid the sheer logistical problems of getting your assignment done for you exceed my abilities in this case, so regretfully I must withdraw and opt of of this question; perhaps another expert will join you, the question is visible for all to review.

Regards, -Ingo

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Ingo U
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer