Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

This is an introduction to programming question please help

Customer Question
I cant get it to...
This is an introduction to programming question please help I cant get it to compile. please try and use the variables im using, also use these commands FileReader BufferReader and PrintWriter. Please make it as simple as possible so I can understand thanks.
/*For this assignment, you are to first use pseudocode to develop the logic and coding for two programs. In the first
program you will enable the user to input ten inventory items. The user will input the name of each item,
the price of each individual item and how many of each item are in stock. You will accept the data inside a loop.
The dialog with the user when requesting the input should be appropriate and comprehensive. The data will be stored
in a file. The second program will output the contents of the file to the user's screen. The output will include
appropriate labels for all of the data. You will output data using a loop. You will identify the file to be accessed
using a graphic dialog box. The two programs will be independent. By that, I mean that one program will not reference
the other using objects or classes. Once the pseudocode assignment has been completed and turned in, students will code
the programs using the IDE. If you have any questions about this, make sure you ask.*/
import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
import java.io.*;
class InvetoryPricelist
{
public static void main(String args[])
{
//Declare variables for one string and three arrays
String itemCostString;
String numOfItemsString;
final int NUM_ITEMS = 10;
String itemName[] = new String [NUM_ITEMS];
double numOfItems[] = new double [NUM_ITEMS];
double itemCost[] = new double [NUM_ITEMS];
FileWriter fw = new FileWriter("inventoryList2015.txt");
PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(fw);
//Create a for loop accept the item name, and cost price
//Convert cost price to double and then to final price
//Store data in array
for( int loopIndex = 0; loopIndex < NUM_ITEMS; loopIndex++)
{
itemName[loopIndex] = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(" This program will accept items and cost and then print out the selling price, Please enter items name: ");
itemCostString = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(" Please enter items cost: ");
itemCost[loopIndex] = Double.parseDouble(itemCostString);
numOfItemsString = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(" Please enter number of items available in inventory: ");
numOfItems[loopIndex] = Double.parseDouble(numOfItemsString);
}
//Print out item schedule.
//exit program
{
pw.println(itemName[loopIndex]+" $"+itemCost[loopIndex]+" $"+numOfItems[loopIndex] );
}
pw.close();
}
}
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
11/15/2015
Programmer: ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer

Let me check can you please upload what you got on wikisend.com and post file id here

ok
http://wikisend.com/download/959526/Print Item List.java
sorry thats the wrong one
http://wikisend.com/download/118256/InvetoryPricelist.java
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok will check

how long do you think it will take?
Hello are you still there?
hello still there?

Yes working on it will have it ready later tonight

what time tonight? is it difficult?

I can do it in 3 hrs

ok great mail me when you are done it took the other guy abt 30 mins to do the last question I had so I was expecting quicker assistance. I need it done today in 2 hours if possible.

Ok sounds good

Looks like question is closed. I assume you dont need help anymore

No go ahead and do it I thought you had quit we can sort that out please do the question and email a response and then the site can resolve the issue becuase I've already paid

Here is modified code.. http://wikisend.com/download/468138/InvetoryPricelist.java

Please remember to rate my answer

Are we good?

thanks but its not yet done did you read the question in the notes on the top its supposed to print tha to a file look at the notes on the top of the screen if your not too savvy with java please pass it on to somebody else becuase I need this done urgently.

Sure i will opt out for others

No You did good but there is the second part of the program that needs to be done, I need a program that prints whats in the file to the screen I also wanted to ask you what the problem was with the one I did initially can we do webex or screen share?. do you have a number I can call you on in about 2 to 3 hours?
Programmer: LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I can help

I can help using the remote desktop to resolve the issues and code. let me know once you are ready

OK do you see the question about sent ATL

yes. let me know if you are ready for remote desktop

I will be back at my computer in 3 hours will you still be available

ok

hello logic are you ready

yes.

I will have to see your screen. I'm going to make an offer for remote service that you can use. When you accept it, I'll be immediately notified and can do the work to help you while you watch. After accepting, let me know

is this for an additional 24 dollars

yes. I will code on your computer and provide quick tutorial

no im good just help me correct this program its not working tell me what the problem is it should be simple becuase its only intro to programminghttp://wikisend.com/download/593360/Flowers.java
http://wikisend.com/download/545424/flowers.datI want it to print everything in the .dat file then tell me briefly what the problem was. We can do the tutorial next week just give me your schedule.

You meant. It is printing only Sun and shade and you want to print all the items? Correct?

thats right yes everything in the document
just like what the instructions say on the top of the document

You need to remove statement

flowers = br.readLine();

from within while loop

while loop should be:

while ((flowers = br.readLine()) != null) {
System.out.println(flowers);

}

You can now leave a rating on this answer and if you still need help with previous one let me know as I am done with that too

Please read:

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/do-i-have-rate-answer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Please consider adding bonus

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/what-if-expert-does-really-fantastic-job-hl

We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent to credit me. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

ok thanks logicPro are you in the US?

No friend

I will leave you a rating thanks where are you located?

I am sorry, don;t know if I can share such information

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" like other customers here to get instant answers

Ok thanks

Welcome :)

Hi again,

Please read:

Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.

It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.

I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!

Thanks very much for using Just Answer!

Best wishes

LogicPro

LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer