Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

My website is down and I keep getting this error: Not Found

Customer Question
My website is down and...
My website is down and I keep getting this error:
Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at projecthdesign.org Port 80
HOW DO I FIX ASAP???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
11/5/2015
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Several things can be tried, such as

a2enmod rewrite

as a shell command, or perhaps re-do the htaccess file to default-looking values, if you are running a WordPress site:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-requested-url-xxxx-was-not-found-on-this-server

There may be other things to attend to as well, so please tell me a little more about

- whether you are running a WordPress site

- what you last did on the site / WordPress site

- how new the site is

and anything else you think might be apposite.

Russell H., Programmer & Coder