ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

All of a sudden, my WordPerfect letters and labels will only

Customer Question

All of a sudden, my WordPerfect letters and labels will only print in landscape, even though the portrait setting is chosen.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your printing problem. Are you online to chat now?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Well it doesn't look like you're online, so let me provide some instructions here you can try and then we can chat after you've reviewed them and tested them out.

There are two places that can control whether the printer prints portrait or landscape. The first is from within WordPerfect and the second is on the printer dialog itself. It sounds like you have the setting right in WordPerfect, but for some reason the printer itself is set to print in landscape mode and it's overriding the WordPerfect setting.

Here are two possible solutions to try:

1) In WordPerfect

When you print in WordPerfect, it displays a Print dialog box. On the Main tab of the box, click Properties to display the printer properties. Set the orientation here to portrait.

You can click File, Print and check Application Default in the Settings list box to have it default to portrait from now on in this document.

2) Windows

If that doesn't work, click the Windows Start button, choose Control Panel and select Devices and Printers. Locate the printer, right-click on it and choose Properties. Adjust the orientation to Portrait and choose OK to save. Then exit WordPerfect, go back in to WordPerfect and try it again.

If neither solution works, please chat me back and we'll find the right solution to your problem.