A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I would like to download a PDF form from the judicial

Customer Question

I would like to download a PDF form from the judicial website and then create a form which I can upload data from my access database using a query. Is this possible?
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently I created a form which is close (although not exact) of the state form and created mail merge fields and use an access query. Now the state keeps changing the forms and recreating the form and adding the fields is cumbersome and I would like to be able to somehow save the form to my desktop and modify it to merge the fields from an access base using the same type of query. (I only have the Adobe free PDF viewer at this point since I was not sure if I could buy the upgrade and make it work). Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, the current form I use is a Word document, which I connect to the access database using mail merge.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So what you could do is use Adobe Acrobat (paid version) to export the data in the form from the PDF to a Word document. Once it is in .Doc format you could apply your mail merge fields and queries

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

This would at least save you the trouble of having to recreate the forms in word

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which version of acrobat? Will all of the graphics convert when I save it in word? Will the fields have to be created from scratch or will word retain the fields and I simply link them to the access query? Much more detail is required to understand the process. If this is possible, are there certified Adobe/Word experts who can set up the forms?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So you would just want to use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat (Adobe DC). The graphics typically will convert once exported in word but this is a case by case basis depending on how the form was originally created. Could you describe what you mean by "fields" exactly? Are you referring to the blank area where the data would be entered?

Yes, I could handle this conversion for you for a fee or there are other services that can do the same

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I have to take my break at this time, I will be returning in approx 1 hr, I will reply back ASAP once I see your response

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is the form I would need to convert to a word document and insert the mail merge fields. I have to leave the office, but we can resume this tomorrow morning.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

No problem we can resume tomorrow , When you return please also send a copy of a sample of the word document you based off of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is word document.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delayed response, I will have a look at your documents today and reply back with more information