tejas_speed
tejas_speed, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineer With Knowledge of ASP.Net and C#
32711602

Database question

Customer Question

Database question
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

is there a specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a project that I need help with. Using Oracle to build a movie rental DB.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) A customer requests the titles of all movies that are directed by "George Lucas" or by
“Rich Christiano”. Write a single query that retrieves this information.
2) Management requests the names of all currently active customers, as well as the name
of the current plan in which each of these customers is enrolled. Write a single query that
retrieves this information.
3) A customer wants to add a movie to their queue so that the newly added movie will be
the next movie they receive. Develop a parameterized stored procedure that
accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure for a customer of your choosing.
4) A customer requests the titles of all the DVD’s that he or she has not rented. Write a
single query that retrieves this information for a customer of your choosing.
5) A customer cancels their membership and does not return a rented DVD, necessitating
that a $25 DVD replacement fee be charged to their account. Develop a parameterized
stored procedure that accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure for a customer
of your choosing.
6) A customer enrolled in the two-at-a-time plan cancels their membership. When a
customer cancels their membership, they become inactive, but their DVD queue and
rental history remains in the database, in the event they return as a customer. Develop a
parameterized stored procedure that accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure
for a customer of your choosing.
7) Management requests the names of all movies that are currently sold out. A movie is sold
out if all copies of the movie are currently rented and not yet returned. Write a single
query that retrieves this information for management.
8) Management requests identification of the plan with the most customer enrollees, and for
that plan, the name, number of DVDs allowed at one time, and the number of customer
enrollees. Write a single query that retrieves this information for management.
9) Management requests the names of all customers, and for each customer, the titles of
the movies that they rented multiple times. For each title, management would like to see
the number of times it was rented by the customer, only including titles that the customer
rented more than once. If a customer has no rentals, or did not rent any movies multiple
times, management does not want to see them in the list. Write a single query that
retrieves this information for management.
10) Management requests the titles of all movies, and for each movie, the number of different
customers that rented the movie. They would like the list to be ordered from the highest
number of different rentals to the lowest number. Multiple rentals of the same movie by
the same customer only count as one unique rental. Management is interested in the
number of different customers that rented the movie, but not whether the same customer
rented the same movie more than once. Write a single query that retrieves this
information for management.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

sorry, i don't know oracle.

I will open your question to others.

Expert:  tejas_speed replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sir, I would like to assist you.

1) Select MovieTitle from tblMovie where director in ('George Lucas','Rich Christiano')

2) Select customers from tblCustomers where status = 'Active' and plan = 'Planname'

Hi I have given answers to your first two questions. Since i do no have you database table names and schema,column inforamtion, It will be difficult to provide what you are expecting. Please provide database details to me so that you will be getting everything you want. I am sending you a phone request so that we can talk later and discuss it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/105424/cheese_fries.jpg

Lets have a call. You can share your screen when i tell to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there another way?

You can share your database relationship diagram which will helps in creating query easier and accurate way.

You sent me one JPG file. What does it consist of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ERD

I am not able to open it right now. Once i open it, I will start working on it and get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any progress?

yes. Get back you after short time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need anything else from me? I have some script.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this by Monday night. http://wikisend.com/download/192140/contemplations.txt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond, it has been nearly 24 hours of silence. If you cannot handle this, please open it up to another expert.

4) A customer requests the titles of all the DVD’s that he or she has not rented. Write a single query that retrieves this information for a customer of your choosing.

--> select Cusotmer.first_name, Customer.last_name, Title.title_name from Title left outer join Rental on title_id = title_id inner join customer on customer_id =customer_id

where Title.title_id not in(select title_id from Renatal)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** possible for you to send me things with download links from here on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am nearly done with the first 4. I have script and ERD for all tables.