Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

I cannot upload my images to my website!

Customer Question

Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sorry to hear about the numerous lacks-of-replies you have gotten (or, not gotten.) It must have been very frustrating.

I myself only just woke up (being in United States East Coast Time) and started work.

If the problem has not somehow solved itself, or been solved by someone else, I'd like to try to help. My first attempt at an answer may not help owing to not knowing all about the problem and the details of it, so I will first offer an initial guess or possible fix, then ask for details.

First, if you are trying to upload from Internet Explorer, it often can have problems. Try an alternative web browser program, such as Mozilla Firefox.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

is where you can download Firefox from, to install it, if it is not already on your computer. Note: there is an option, when installing Firefox, to 'import settings from Internet Explorer?', and if Internet Explorer may be having a problem, answer "NO" to that option. It may make all the difference between 'Firefox also does not work' and 'The problem is solved', so refuse that option, I advise.

Then once installed, open the Firefox program, try doing the upload of images from it.

Also check whether your image file type is compatible or allowed by the website you are trying to upload to. JPG / JPEG and sometimes GIF are the usual allowed file types; sometimes PNG is allowed, and occasionally TIF / TIFF type files. Any other file type may be forbidden as an (image file) upload.

If none of the files you have tried, and failed, to upload, is a JPG or JPEG file, try one that you have, to see if that works.

Also, if the file size is excessive - as some very high-density photographs might be - the site may refuse the upload. Try a smaller JPG or JPEG file, smaller in File Size e.g. less than 500 KB or so, and see if that works, also.

I would not be surprised if none of the above advice helps with the particular problem you are seeing. So please tell me further details about the problem, and esp. the site name and the error message if any, and I will advise you further as the details warrant. Let me know. Thanks.