murpmi00
murpmi00, Consultant
Experience:  15 yrs in IT support, design, and troubleshooting MS PCs/networks
29537841

What standards are available if any into content

Customer Question

What standards are available if any for integration into content management platforms? I'd like to allow users of content management platforms to push content to my software. Thx.

Category: Programming
Expert:  murpmi00 replied 1 year ago.

Your best bet is to export the content to html which should easily work with your software.

For getting html pages you might want to try HTTrack www.httrack.com. A quote from their website:

"HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.

It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. HTTrack arranges the original site's relative link-structure. Simply open a page of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online. HTTrack can also update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads. HTTrack is fully configurable, and has an integrated help system.

WinHTTrack is the Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP release of HTTrack, and WebHTTrack the Linux/Unix/BSD release. See the download page. "

If it can handle your number of pages, well, would be simple to check that out by installing it and running the program on your site.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Interesting but not really what I was looking for. I was thinking of content management platforms like Salesforce, Hubspot and others.