Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

Need small programming in excel sheet

Customer Question
need small programming in excel sheet
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
8/20/2015
Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

do you have an example of what you are looking to do?

http://wikisend.com/download/725814/ACCESORIES LIST.xlsx

HELLO ***** FINE

THIS IS MY FILE

AS I have a folder called ACCESORIES

IN THIS I HAVE THIS FILE ( ACCESORIES LIST )

SO I WANT 1 FILE TO BE CREATED FOR MY STAFF

BUT HERE IN NEW CREATE FILE I WANT MY STAFF TO SEE

ONLY SOME COLUMNS

LIKE

ITEMS CODE / CATEGORIES / MAKE/ ROUNDING / DISCOUNT

ONLY THESE COLUMN

wel as new file named should be as accessories staff

I want if I make changes into my master file ( ACCESORIES LIST )

so I want it should reflect the change into this new sheet accessories staff - only above columns which I have mentions

as I wil share the file (accessories staff )on google drive

I want something in my folder changes to take over and then I can sync to google drive

as I have some more files

like

WHICH I WANT TO FUNCTION SAME AND THEN SYNC AND SHARED FILE SHOULD GET THE CHANGES

I can help create a macro to take certain columns and copy to a new file. However I cannot sycronize with google, thee only way that I am aware of to share a file on google is to manually upload it.

Is this something you want to proceed with

SO lets say if u use macro and then I first sysn these both files and then later I sync google drive , so I hope it wil reflect

what do u say

not sure I understand what you are saying, but here is how I would imagine it would work.

You update your master file. Then you will press a button, that will either create a new file if it doesn't exist, or update the file if it does.

Then whatever you do with the file after words is up to you.

ok I will see later for google sysnc , wel you can go a head to create a new file accessories staff with those columns I need it , and master file macro button to be there

so I press button in master file and changes wil take into accessories staff file

ok thts good

plz go a head

i am sending you an additional service offer, if you wish to accept the offer I will proceed.

Also I don't think you specified which columns are supposed to be copied over.

Also I need to know which version of excel you are using.

this is tooooo much , I m sorry I cannot afford

wel my budget was $20

I cant put tht much for only these 1 file

I have still 8 more folders remaing 8 files to have macro

same macro needed

asssuming you want to copy the same columns in each file, you could then just copy the macro to each of the files.

wel I agree , but some files columns are different

lets say in first file marcor wil copy ABC COLUMNS

AND OTHER FILES COLUMNS ARE DIFFRENT

MAY BE IT WIL BE A C G

AND ONTHER WIL BE A G H

AND OTHERS ALSO DIFRRENT

SO WIL IT WORK AS WHAT U SAID

sorry this is getting to complicated.

I will open your question to other experts, perhaps you will find someone to work within your budget

why not with you , I m happy to work with you

as I also workd bfre with u

plz consider I m in need of urgency

as after this I have also another big assigmnets

wel I have also pay good for another assigmnet

which is need for tally

as after exporting from tally excel sheet needs programming ( macro )

plz help I m ready to work with u

if u want I can give u all 8 folders master files & and also create 8 files which I want changes to take effects

plz I would love to have ur skills

8 macros is too much for me to write.

I could do one macro for the price + the additional service. I will give a $20 discount off the additional service. But cannot do more than that.

What you can do if you need it to work is to modify the vba code I give you then copy it to the new workbook yourself. This is the best I can offer. But doing 8 of them is out of the question.

The other option is for you to choose a cell, say A1 on each sheet, to enter the columns you want to copy, then copy the macro vba over.

8 macros is too much for me to write.

OK I think it wil help me as both options u wil give me

so plz explain me later how to do it

so I can do mysellf

ok send me ytour good offer so I can pay it ,and then I go for sleep

you can go to sleep we will get everything straightened out tomarrow

ok are you sure tomorw , how about if we can go a head now , so atleast I can share morning my staff accessories file ,

let me know , bcz its important for me

i need you to accept the offer first, before I can do any work.

And just so we are on the same page, I will do the one macro for the sheet you sent, then it will be your responsibility to modify it for your other sheets if that is what you want to do.

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer