Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I recently installed the wordpress plugin WooCommerce iVeri

Customer Question
Hi, I recently installed the wordpress...
I recently installed the wordpress plugin WooCommerce iVeri Lite Payment Gateway and when I activated the plugin, the WooCommerce settings option didn't appear on the dashboard menu.
Wordpress Version: 3.7.9
Iveri Lite Payment Gateway Version: 1.0.8
When I contacted Iveri they mentioned that the wordpress server needed to be refreshed in order for the settings to be visible.
The website for the plugin is www.karpresentations.co.za
Thank you and much appreciated.
Jarryd
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
8/6/2015
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Given what you have said about the problem, sir, I would advise you to try the following things:
1. clear your browser's cache. In Internet Explorer, this is done by
holding down the Shift key (either one) and clicking on the Refresh button in the Internet Explorer program near the top. In Mozilla Firefox, this is done by holding down Ctrl and Shift, and pressing the R key.
2. Then try viewing the page again.
3. If that does not bring the plugin into view, then you need to contact your web service, the web host where your WordPress site is hosted. And tell them to clear the web server cache, also known as the Server-Side Cache.
This will happen eventually anyway with a sufficient wait - indeed, looking at your question's timestamps, I think it might possibly have happened already.
4. Also (I'm sorry to have to mention this, it may be obvious) make sure that the install of the plugin has been uploaded to the server... and is not merely installed on your local copy of the WordPress site, on your computer.
Hi Russell,Thank you for your help.I have cleared the cache by holding the Ctrl and Shift and pressing the R key and nothing happened.I have asked our web host to clear their web server cache as you mentioned.Also I think I installed the plugin incorrectly as what I did was...I downloaded the plugin zip file on to my local PC. I then clicked Add New on the plugin tab and uploaded the plugin and then installed the plugin on our website from the install plugins page.Kind RegardsJarryd
I think the only thing that might be wrong, might be, not Un-Zip-ing the file, or expanding it, before going to Add New. But I do not know for sure either way, in this case, as to which is the correct procedure.
Try re-loading the page from your web server, now that the browser cache has been cleared. And, hopefully, the web server cache for your site also cleared, so that whatever changes you have made, will show up properly when you re-load the page in your web browser program.
Let me know what happens, and what appears (re the plugin).
With regards ***** ***** server cache being cleared, I am still waiting for a response from our web host.
If there is no response from our web host by the end of the day, I will have to get back to you on Wednesday (12 August) as I am away until then

Get back to me whenever you need to. If the web server cache-clearing does (apparently) nothing for the problem, try uncompressing or Un-Zipping the Zip file for the plugin, before doing the Add New on the plugin tab.

Next Wednesday (12 Aug.) is fine. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Russell,I was hoping by now the plugin would have been sorted out. Unfortunately when I checked our website nothing has been done. I have still had no response from our web host.Apologize for the inconvenience.Kind RegardsJarryd
I think the only way to get the plugin sorted out is to upload the plugin files directly to their server using Filezilla. Unfortunately I am still waiting for our web host to email me our websites FTP details.
I see. It sounds as if you either
A. contacted the web server at the wrong address, one that is underserved, or
B. need to get a different web server.
If you tell me your web server co.'s name, I might be able to offer more advice.
Don't worry about it's taking time for my sake, though I would like to have this case seen to a good conclusion.
I am going to have to go to hosting unlimited tomorrow and speak with them directly as the number on their website is not in service. Also when I email them they either answer straight away or don't answer at all.
OK. That sounds sensible. Let me know how it goes.
Hi,With the Iveri Lite Payment Gateway plugin even after uploading the files through Filezilla the configuration settings still don't show on the dashboard menu.Also. when I asked Hosting Unlimited to clear their server cache they replied...Custom server side requests are not done on shared hosting accounts, does your plugin work on a shared hosting plan.
I must apologize that my advice has made no better progress with this problem.
I think that at this point, it would make a favorable result more likely if I gave up this case - so I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.
This does not cut off communication, and I can still see, and reply, to any further postings you might make to this case.
I have managed to contact the Iveri Lite plugin developer Gerald Potgieter via Facebook. I am now awaiting for a response from him.Also thank you for all the help you have provided.
Programmer: Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher replied 2 years ago
Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
On your wordpress Dashboard, please go to WooCommerce -> Settings and click the Payment Gateways tab. Can't you see iVeri link there ? If not may I install and configure it for you ? If so please accept my additional support offer and give me the website admin login details and hosting controlpanel login details in private. Then I can install and configure it for you. If I can't do it, you will get full refund.
NOTE: Now only I noticed the screenshots you shared. If you deactivate iVeri plugin from Plugins, did you get back the WooCommerce settings option ?
Regards
Jins
Jinsmn
Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher