Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

I am getting a large amount of data

Customer Question

I am getting a large amount of data in an ms sql database and need to verify the data quality what are my options for a rapid development tool. Fields have to be checked for multiple conditions and cross compared to other fields
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 2 years ago.
Hi,depends on the nature and complexity of your processing of the data. One option is to write SQL queries, stored procedures etc directly, typically using SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio). For a richer programming environment, perhaps if you need to have rich/graphical user interaction, I would consider a .NET application written in C# ***** VB.Net.A third option may be accessing the SQL database through Excel, although with a lot of data you could soon run into performance issues. Excel is pretty good with 10s and hundreds of 1000s of records; once you get into millions it can get bogged down.Regards,Ingo U