Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

The statement: fitter.Parameters = array(invals(0), invals(1),

Customer Question
the statement: fitter.Parameters = array(invals(0)...
the statement:
fitter.Parameters = array(invals(0), invals(1), invals(2), invals(3), invals(4), invals(5))
works in vb6 but does not in visual studio.
What is the solution.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
7/25/2015
Programmer: Russell H., Programmer & Coder replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Check whether the array needs to be created first. In some programming systems, arrays may simply be declared - in others, a 'constructor' statement is required first, to bring the array into existence. A Dim statement is needed, I think, to declare or construct the particular array. For instanceDim exampleArray() as Short(which assigns the array name and the variable type, but nothing else.) If that isn't the problem, then check whether fitter.Parameters has that many (6) values in it. If you exceed the range of the value in the fitter.Parameters, e.g. if that only has (4) values in it, then the statement will produce an error.And of course, check whether fitter.Parameters exists at all. Since I don't know either the context of the statement, nor the error it is producing, nor whether it is a runtime error or a compile error, I cannot be sure what is causing the problem as yet. I have suggested some basic possible causes. Let me know the exact error in full, and I will offer more suggestions, or the exact cause perhaps.
Thank you for opening another question with a response to my Answer and implied query above... the thing to do is to use the 'Reply' function instead of the 'Ask Another Question' function, or something like that (and pardon me for advising you approximately as to the customer's side of JustAnswer, which I don't see much of.)
Your other 'question' says
Thank you. The array invals had been dimensioned and populated. The array needs to be loaded into the fitter dll with the .parameters function. The command as it shows, works perfectly in VB6. I am migrating it to Visual studio but V studio does not accept this command. I am trying to figure out how to work this. Any idea
and I wish to further ask: What version of Visual Studio are you using? perhaps Visual Studio 2015? I need to know, since the differences are not major, and that info will make the process of figuring out the answer easier, so let me know, please. Thanks.
Also, please tell me how Visual Studio responds, even if it makes no error message, when you try that statement.
Russell H., Programmer & Coder