ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I am duplicating a wordpress website into a subfolder to create a deve

Customer Question

I am duplicating a wordpress website into a subfolder to create a development site. I have moved the files there. then created a new database in imported the database from the old site. then changed the "siteurl" and "home" enties in the database to reflect the new location.
When go to the site now, I am getting the "install" page.
when I click install i get a new install with none of the content.
what am I missing?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Just importing the database content to the new database will not work. You need to point the sub directory where new wordpress installed on the new database. It need manual editing of the database contents. I can do it for you. Please accept my additional service offer.
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why did you take 41$ from my paypal account before i even saw your answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did "point the sub directory where new wordpress installed on the new database"then changed the "siteurl" and "home" enties in the database to reflect the new locationYou need to refund my 41$ or i will be writing worse than "poor"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i stated that in my question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 2 years ago.
Hi, If you need any subscription related queries please contact on***@******.*** If you changed the urls in the new database correctly, the problem may the table prefix. Please open the wpconfig file and make sure table prefix is same. Usually wordpress uses wp_ If your old wordpress installation uses a different prefix you need to set it on the new wp-config file. Please check and let me know the result. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
12 July 2015 04:12
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are the sameplease refund my $41
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 2 years ago.
It is only a security deposit. For more info please contact***@******.*** Can you please let me know the url of your website and the duplicate ? Can you share the hosting control panel details? I am well experienced in wordpress based website migration and I'm sure I can fix your problem. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
your site said you would charge me AFTER i was satisfied with the answer
you have already charged me and have not answered my question
please refund my money
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 2 years ago.
I think you are not aware of the working of our system. The amount will kept with the company as a security deposit. If customer is satisfied, then they will transfer the amount to concerned professional. If customer is not satisfied, he can either keep the amount with company for future questions or can ask refund. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
your site misrepresents "the working of our system"
Expert:  Jinsmn replied 2 years ago.
If you do not want to continue, please contact***@******.*** and claim refund. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your time