ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have the Raspberry Pi2 Model with this I would like to

Customer Question

I have the Raspberry Pi2 Model B with this I would like to had a file to track a
button switch each day how many times this button switch is switch ON position.
And also if possible stamp with the Times & Date so that I can print out
in a print.
Please advise.
Thanks
Regards
XXXX XXX
from Singapore
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My question is still yet to answer.
Please advise.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What button switch do you need to track the pressing of or the On position transition of? Do you need an entire program, or just some assembler code for a Raspberry Pi environment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need a log file to track the switch when it is ON position(Rocker Switch - Press ON & OFF) only
stamp with time and date so that I can print out for viewing purpose. I may use GPIO pin 17 and GND
in Raspberry Pi environment. Please help me how to write the program.
Thanks
So what you want is a program, that can run on Raspberry Pi, that will track activity on GPIO pin 17 (with relation to GND) and count such activity and produce and store a log file of that counting, which is printable.
Do you need guidance as to how to write such a program, or do you need the program written for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I need you to write the program for me.
What is the charges?
I have no power to set charges, nor am I supposed to discuss them.
When do you need the finished, working program ? or, how soon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Depends on your times, but not to long may be 1 week later.
Thanks
Regards
OK, I will be working on it, with that time-frame in mind.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
OK. (No response required... I will post again with some sort of beginning of results, at very least, within 2 - 3 days. Thanks.)
I regret that I didn't get back to you sooner. I forgot to ask:- do you require any particular programming language, e.g. Python, Java, BareMetal, etc.? or may it be in assembler code. I have assumed assembler or machine language would be OK, but if you have a preference please let me know... so far all my work on this has been in machine language, and I couldn't do Python (regrets, but Python is not among my languages of expertise). So let me know if there's a preference, please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I prefer Python because my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is mostly used Python.
I don't understand what you means machine language, please advise.
As along the program can capture the switching activity with date/times stamped and printable
it is ok
Thanks
Regards
All the work I have done so far on this question is in assembler or machine code. I'm sorry it has happened this way, and have Opted Out to give you an immediate chance to get a Python Expert here onto the case. (Meanwhile, if I can put together Python code for this, I will try to do so, in case a Python Expert cannot help you soon enough.)