James Dwyer
James Dwyer, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  South County Tech, Data Processing, Cobol, RPG, Microsoft Certified Professional, A+ Certified Pro
22586229

What could have happened? I was updating my websites mysql

Customer Question

What could have happened? I was updating my websites mysql database using a form a coder from justanswer and myself created. It's been working great for months until recently I mistakenly refreshed the page while it was running a process or something and
now the AJAX/JSON code (i'm guessing) or something is broken. A pulldown where I select a show would normally update the page and show content however it no longer pulls up the necessary information. What could be wrong? Other functions on the page work but
this main function is broken.
Category: Programming
Expert:  James Dwyer replied 2 years ago.
is this page on a hosting service? they may have backed up your sql recently and you may be able to recover. I recommend backing up production databases daily. Message me back if you have no joy with your provider we may still be able to recover
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
James,
The data is all there when I'm on my website the data is there no problems. But when I'm using my custom updating tool its broken. It used to; when a pulldown changed to a date it would with AJAX show that data that corresponded to that date on page without reloading.
Was there an update to the version of Mysql?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was no update especially between when the site was working and when it stopped working. It is on a hosting service and nothing changed it has something to do with what I was doing at the time.I'm sorry but I just found my mistake... I had an error an Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL as a field in my database it was a RETURN. While I was updating the site that stopped my code from running. So sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you but I figured it out.
please give me a good rating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry what you provided me didn't help me get to my answer which I figured out on my own. I can't rate your answer as if I do they'll charge my card. Thank you anyway.