Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need someone to create a macro

Customer Question
I need someone to create a macro
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Programming
6/3/2015
Programmer: Jason Jones, Programmer replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Programmer

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
Please, elaborate on what you need this macro to do. Which application will contain the macro?
Thank you,
Jason

Thanks for responding! It is between 2 different proprietary software to transmit data, one way. I have 2 files from the data source software explaining what is needed. How can I get them to you?

You may upload them by following the instructions below.
Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

File ID: 186974 and File ID: 983854

Steps required for the macro to perform: (this should be a new excel file (xls) that will contain a macro which will perform these functions)

When the macro is launched it should open the “NvisImport.csv” file (template)

It would then find the “nvis.txt” file and automatically input the data starting at the 2nd row.

Once it’s completed, ideally it would then save the file as a new csv file name (maybe default to the current date it was created: 060115.csv)

Then it should exit the macro

The customer would then log on to the server and upload the file to system.

I will not be able to get this working as you suggest.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason

What is the issue?

Programmer: R. Michael, MIS Analyst replied 2 years ago
R. Michael
R. Michael, MIS Analyst
I would be of assistance . Ive downloaded files and will start wrtin macro for you Once comnplete I will repost for you to test it out and provide explaination of te workins of it

Hi, See the link below for the workbook and macro you requested. Since the template and the data files location may vary I added 3 buttons.

1. Select Template(your NvisImport.csv file)

2. Select Folder where you would like to export the data files to

3. Generate file...This will also prompt to select your text file (Nvis.txt)

The result will be files placed in the folder you select in step 2 above with the following naming convention(20150605_Nvis.csv, where 20150605 is the date) Note: in order to avoid accidentally overwriting a file on the same date the macro will add v_2, v_3 to the end of the file name.

Please Let me know of any changes or corrections you may need. It is my pleasure to assist. Download Link: http://wikisend.com/download/170406/AppendTextFile.xls

R. Michael
R. Michael
R. Michael, MIS Analyst