Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

i need someone to have a look at my complete website and correct

everything that needs doing and...
i need someone to have a look at my complete website and correct everything that needs doing and make it search friendly (seo).

i tried doing some things my self and now have error 404 on the front page, i dont know what i am doing and i am sick and tired of people giving me advice and tutorials.

i just want someone to look at my website and do everything for me ,then i will never touch it again.

at the moment my wesite is nowhere to be found on any search engines unless you type in the url. it doesn't rank at all on any search like it does not exist.

i have just started a new business and the website is very crucial to me and at the moment it is stressing me out badly,i just can't find anybody who actually wants to physically look at it.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease heeeeeeeeeelp

regards john
7/16/2013
Jason Jones, Programmer

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the address of this problem site, along with a list of the issues that need attention?

Thank you.

hi jason, here are some thing that could not be fixed as i had php memory issues from webhost but that php memory is fixed now so these problems should be able to be fixed along with other problems i am having.

1. There are memory problems meaning some changes can't be made. This is also preventing me successfully getting a backup of Site before making any changes.
  2. There are PHP (code) restrictions on the server which mean that I can't run an alternate backup means.
  3. There are problems in the WordPress Page editor. This may be caused by the memory issues.
  4. The slider options provided with the Theme aren't working as expected so I can't disable the Home Page slider.
  5. my first page is showing error 404 as i have made a mistake trying to paste a google link so that google can recognize my website as they have requested.
  6. i cant receive any emails at the moment through my email host incredimail for some reason,before it was fine. i think i did something wrong.
  7. in the admin section i have read somewhere that i dont have and need a meta tag and that my header is not right.
  8. i need someone to put the come through it so to speak and set it up properly so that it is seo friendly and recognised by all search engines, eg meta tag, keywords,header,optimization and what ever else a normal website needs.
  9. i dont know what to do and the people that have done the website cant be contacted anymore.
  10. the website is roadsafedrivingschool.com.au
  11. my temporary username is : aXXXXXXXX

please have a look at it jason and see hat you can do for me, everyone keeps telling me that it is a simple problem to fix but i dont know how.

Thank you for the update.

I am sorry to say that your question was placed in the wrong category.

It should be in the programming category.

I will place it there and another will take over.

When they join in, you will be notified by email.

There is no need to respond.

Thank you.
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi John, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I might be able to help you.

Your request is quite extensive, I can help you with your page problems but the SEO is something you won't get overnight. I can point you in the right direction with ranking your page, but realistically it's something you will have to work on for some time depending on your competition.

Let me know if you'd like my help.

hi martin, ok so can you please fix my 404 page problem, check all the other pages, ad a meta tag and make sure the header is correct also ad a google link so that google can identify me as the owner of the website, also check that everything is as a normal website is suppose to be and i will worry about the seo later.

that would be great if you can point me in the right direction with ranking my page.

i think $66 dollars should definitely cover all those thing i have mentioned as it will take an expert like you only about 15 minutes to do.

thank you

Sure I can do that for you, I need access to CPanel to fix your redirect error though, can you grab the login details, put them on the following website and send me the URL? Once I read it they will be erased so it's just me that sees it.

https://privnote.com/

https://privnote.com/n/tfnvlwkvguwrwqob/#ayxlujqkyfeyoaby

Hi John,

Those don't work for CPanel, your username should be roadsafe and given to you by the webmaster who created the website for you.

Can you see if you have that written down or in an email somewhere?
When you grab the CPanel login details email them to me to the following address, without CPanel access I can't bypass the wp-admin redirect loop or access your .htaccess file
[email protected]

the problem i am having is in my wesite wordpress admin (CMS) section not in the cpanel section.???

those log in detail are for wordpress admin.

if you still need the cpanel let me know and i will send them to you via email. my email [email protected] communicate direct as it is quicker and i have to go to work in 30 minutes

Hi John,

I can't see your email address, it doesn't come up here for security reasons. Email me the CPanel details because it's the only way I can access certain files not available otherwise.

Hi John,

I've sorted your errors out you should now see the website properly again, the main issue is compatibility between the new Wordpress and the SEO plugin you're using plus the WP theme that was created for you was poorly coded.

I will add your keywords to the meta tags and submit your website to the search engines so it gives you a head start with SEO.

thank you very much martin, the wp theme code that was poorly coded, can that be re-coded properly or is it to hard or impossible.

also did you find my keywords or are you creating some? what about the header is it good or not as i saw somewhere in the admin panel that it has double words and was recommended to fix it

cheers XXXXX XXXXX follow up tonight when i get home.

Well as for the theme, it's working fine - it's just not compatible with the SEO plugin you had installed so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I thought you had some keywords, I'll get one for you to target and add it to your meta tags and do a little offline SEO so you come up on Google.

Have a nice day, speak to you then!

the error 404 is still showing, i have shut down the pc and restarted and still showing, speak to you later

On which page? Are you going to the main page http://www.roadsafedrivingschool.com.au/ ? It works fine on my end

all good now, the email works fine. will my website be recognized in all the search engines now that you have submitted my website?

thank you very much martin for all your help and quick response.

i will definitely get in touch with you again if i have any issues in the future, in regards XXXXX XXXXX i will get in touch with you at a later date when i can afford it.

now i can get a good nights rest and not stress over it anymore :)

Hi John,

I'm very happy to hear you're satisfied with it, I've included your keywords on your website and submitted them to whois websites and other pages as backlinks, this will start the ranking process. Keep an eye out on that the next couple of weeks to see how it's improving.

Whenever you're ready to contact me again I'll be here ready and willing.

Enjoy!
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer