Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have 2 issues with my Wordpress Buddypress website that I…

Customer Question
I have 2 issues with...
I have 2 issues with my Wordpress Buddypress website that I cannot find good plugins for. I need a plugin that allows the users that register to my website to have the ability to upload videos to thier profile. I also need them to be able to tag pictures. I currently and using Buddy Album but it doesn't seem to have tagging. Can u please help me find a few plugins for each of the 2 functions I want my users to be able to do. I have tried several that is why I am asking for a few.

Thanks
Ryan
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Programming
2/25/2012
Programmer: Michael Hannigan, Consultant replied 6 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Buddy Press Media Component

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Features of this component include

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

• Media menu is added to BuddyPress user profile pages

• Rating/Ranking of Photo / Video

• Album support to organize photos

• Sidebar widgets to display media anywhere in your theme

• Report abuse button

• View Count

• Ajax-based interface for inline editing of media title/description

• BuddyPress user gets a media menu on their profile pages

• The users can upload video, images and audio files seamlessly to their profiles. (Data will be stored on the Kaltura server by default. You can use your own server as an alternative.)

• Buddypress users don't need a separate Kaltura account to use media-rich features added by this component.

• Only Buddypress (WordPress MU) admin needs a Kaltura Partner ID once. You can get it free from kaltura.com

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

Customer: I have tried this one befoew but I get a fatal error. The screen turns white and I can't even log in to the site. I have to remove it through the FTP server through my hosting company. I am going to try it again, as it is the one I want. I am going to install it throughh the FTP and see if that makes a difference. I will let u know but the next queastion may be what is the fatal error message, which I will copy and paste in here of I get it. If not I will hit accept.
Programmer: Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher replied 6 years ago
Jinsmn
Jinsmn, Computer Science Teacher
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. Check Video & Media Plugin for BuddyPress and BP Profile Video Widget for BuddyPress

Regards
Jins

This is a great plugin and I would like to use it but I get a fatal error when I install and activate. I then have to uninstall through FTP. It seems that this plugin does not go with the version of Buddypress I am using, which is 1.5.4. Could this be the problem? There has to be a way to get this version of Buddypress to upload video and tag photos. Please help.

Thx
Extract the contents and upload it via FTP to the Plugins folder of your Buddypress and try.

Regards
Jins

The version may be the issue. This plugin is a little older than many of the other plugins, and doesn't specifically identify your version as compatible.

Here are others that are similar that you can try.
Post video players, slideshow albums, photo galleries and music / podcast playlist
BP Video Plug-in for Profiles

And this is a more extensive list of official Buddypress Plugins.
Official BuddyPress Video Plug-ins
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant