Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

1.Create a stored procedure named spBalanceRange that accepts

three optional parameters. The procedure...
1.Create a stored procedure named spBalanceRange that accepts three optional parameters.
The procedure returns a result set consisting of VendorName, InvoiceNumber, and Balance for each invoice with
a balance due, sorted with largest balance due first. The parameter @VendorVar is a mask that’s used with
a LIKE operator to filter by vendor name, as shown in figure 14-5 of the text. @BalanceMin and @BalanceMax
are parameters used to specify the requested range of balances due. If called with no parameters,
the procedure should return all invoices with a balance due.

2.Code three calls to the procedure created in exercise 1 as follows:
(a) pass the parameters by position with @VendorVar='Z%' and no balance range
(b) pass the parameters by name with @VendorVar omitted and a balance range from $200 to $1000
(c) pass the parameters by position with a balance due that’s less than $200 filtering for vendors whose names begin with C or F

5.Create a scalar-valued function named fnUnpaidInvoiceID that returns the InvoiceID of the earliest invoice with an unpaid balance.
Test the function in the following SELECT statement:
SELECT VendorName, InvoiceNumber, InvoiceDueDate,
InvoiceTotal - CreditTotal - PaymentTotal AS Balance
FROM Vendors JOIN Invoices
ON Vendors.VendorID = Invoices.VendorID
WHERE InvoiceID = dbo.fnUnpaidInvoiceID()

8.Create a trigger for the Invoices table that automatically inserts the vendor name and address for a paid invoice into a table named ShippingLabels.
The trigger should fire for any time the PaymentTotal column of the Invoices table is updated.
The structure of the ShippingLabels table is as follows:
CREATE TABLE ShippingLabels
(VendorName varchar(50),
VendorAddress1 varchar(50),
VendorAddress2 varchar(50),
VendorCity varchar(50),
VendorState char(2),
VendorZipCode varchar(20))
Use this UPDATE statement to test the trigger:
UPDATE Invoices
SET PaymentTotal = 67.92, PaymentDate = '2008-08-23'
WHERE InvoiceID = 100

Here is the link to the DB files.
http://wikisend.com/download/150664/sql8_allfiles.zip
Also, The SQL statements should not include Cursor, fetch status, or Balance cursor.
It is for a beginners SQL class and these advanced statements should not be needed.
12/3/2011
Eljon
Eljon, Consultant
Hi my name isXXXXX for using JustAnswer.

When do you need this?
monday
OK It'll be ready by then.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX enjoyed working with you before. I tried to asked this question directly for you , but it kept giving me an error screen.
Thanks for attempting to request me. If I have any questions I'll let you know.
I still need the answers to the other 2 problems. Number 5 and 8.
My apologies. I forgot to zipped them up to one file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6och9287enyu219
Eljon
Eljon, Consultant
Eljon
Eljon
Eljon, Consultant