Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I made this pseudocode for a currency conversion program. Two

Customer Question
things: 1. I would appreciate...
I made this pseudocode for a currency conversion program. Two things:
1. I would appreciate any feedback on mistakes.
2. I designed this code to convert the U.S. dollar to foreign currencies BUT it's supposed to be the other way around. It's supposed to convert foreign currencies to U.S. dollars. I cant figure it out how to change without starting over please help!!

Process

1. Get user input
2. Multiply Amount in terms of USD with the exchange rate between USD and the other currency involved.
3. Display Answer.

Input:

Exchange rate of US dollars in terms of Japanese yen (real: 0-10000)
Exchange rate of US dollars in terms of Mexican Pesos (real: 0-10000)
Exchange rate of US dollars in terms of Canadian dollars (real: 0-10000)
Exchange rate of US dollars in terms of French Francs (real: 0-10000)
Exchange rate of US dollars in terms of English pounds (real: 0-10000)

var_currency (string: any finite length)

amount_USD (real: 0-1000000)

exchange_rate (real: 0-10000)

amount_var (real: 0-10000)

Option (real: 0-1000)

Output:

Amount in terms of required currency
Design

Main Module

Declare exchange_rate as real

Declare var_currency as string

Declare amount_USD as real

Declare amount_var as real //this is the amount in terms of the variable currency
//type. In other words it is the final answer required

Declare Option as real

Call Input data module //input data module is being called here which is fully described
//below

End Main Module

Input Data Module

Write: “Welcome to the Currency Converter”
Write: “Choose from the available options”
Write: “1.Japanese Yen”
Write: “2.Mexican Pesos”
Write: “3.Canadian Dollars”
Write: “4.French Francs”
Write: “5.English Pounds”
Write: “6.Quit”

Input Option

If Option = 1 Then
Call Japanese Module
Else
If Option = 2 Then
Call Mexican Module
Else
If Option = 3 Then
Call Canadian Module
Else
If Option = 4 Then
Call French Francs Module
Else
If Option = 5 Then
Call English Pounds Module
Else
If Option = 6 Then
End // the program is closed
Else
If Option6 Then
Write:” Wrong option selected. Try again”
Call Input Data Module
End If

End Input Data Module

Japanese Module
var_currency = Japanese Yen
exchange_rate =(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Write: “Enter amount”
Input amount_USD
amount_var = exchange_rate * amount_USD
Write: “The value of the currency is “amount_var” Japanese Yen”

End Japanese Module

Mexican Module
var_currency = Mexican Pesos
exchange_rate = 9.5085
Write: “Enter amount”
Input amount_USD
amount_var = exchange_rate * amount_USD
Write: “The value of the currency is “amount_var” Mexican Pesos”

End Mexican Module

Canadian Module
var_currency = Canadian Dollars
exchange_rate = 1.4680
Write:” Enter amount”
Input amount_USD
amount_var = exchange_rate * amount_USD
Write: “The value of the currency is “amount_var” Canadian Dollars”

End Canadian Module

French Francs Module
var_currency = French Francs
exchange_rate = 6.2561
Write:” Enter amount”
Input amount_USD
amount_var = exchange_rate * amount_USD
Write: “The value of the currency is “amount_var” French Francs”

End French Francs Module

English Pounds Module
var_currency = English Pounds
exchange_rate = 1.6433
Write:” Enter amount”
Input amount_USD
amount_var = exchange_rate * amount_USD
Write: “The value of the currency is “amount_var” English Pounds”
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Programming
9/16/2010
Programmer: ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 years ago
ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer

hi,

It would be my pleasure to help you.

please upload the pseudocode as a document to www.wikisend.com and paste the download link here.

the code pasted in the post is completly un formatted which makes it difficult to verify it.

Also if you can provide the original question of the assignment.

regards,

ehab tutor

http://wikisend.com/download/942900/IT 210 Final project.docx

http://wikisend.com/download/224734/Final project description.docx

There is something wrong with the files.

can you rather add them here.

to do so

1. write some text and select it

2. press on the anchor icon next to the smiley face

3. browse for your files and press ok

i recomend adding both files to a zip file

regards,

ehab tutor

ok i got the files going through the code.

i will get back to you with my feedback

regards,

ehab tutor

ok thank you

well the assignment looks great.

good job i will do a little change to the modules in order to make the amount entered in the different currencies and the result in us dollars and send it back to you.

regards,

ehab tutor

awesome I was worried about my structure. That If, Else, End If stuff had my brain hurting. This class has been pretty difficult for me.

ok i fixed the pseudo code for you. take care the only different calculation is for the pounds as 1 pound is 1.66 something dollar so in this case only we multiply the value by the factor immdiatly. this was a mistake you had

Here

however you still have to redo your test cases. according to the change. you need to take foreign currency as input and change it to equivillant dollars.

Also see in any of your sections before the pseudo code where you need to change the wording to be changing from foreign currency to US dollars.

I already did this for you in the first page.

If you find my answer helpful please hit the accept button so i can get paid for my effort.

Don't forget to leave me positive feedback.

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

regards,

ehab tutor

ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Thank you for your help.
ehabtutor
ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer