Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I created web pages in word 2003 and they work fine when I…

Customer Question
I created web pages in...
I created web pages in word 2003 and they work fine when I checked them in browser and webpreview, but when I try to upload them to godaddy, the website shows up without the images. I tried and tried and I am not able to do this. They tell me it's a problem with the word webdesign files in Word 2003.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Programmer: Simit, Programming Tutor replied 8 years ago
Simit
Simit, Programming Tutor
Please tell me the address of the web page so that I can take a look at the code to see why the pictures aren't linked properly.

I don't have the webpage running. that's the whole point. I uploaded it to godaddy but it's not displaying properly. It's suppose to be www.hanasameknorton.com

In the same folder on that server where you copied the .html file, you need to create a folder with the following name:

index_files

The upload all the pictures to that folder, and you should be able to refresh the page, and see the pictures. Let me know if that doesn't work.
Simit
Simit, Programming Tutor
I have done that: I have the base folders and each supporting folder with the pictures.
So in the top folder, you should have the following 2 things:

index.html
index_files

And then in the index_files folder, you should have the following:

image002.jpg
image004.gif
image006.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.jpg

Can you confirm that is what you have?

yes. for each and every folder. they are all uploaded according to godaddy--they just don't display when I go to the website in the browser.

What folder on godaddy did you upload it to?

html.

Please give me a list of everything that shows up in the html folder.

there are about 10 files plus supporting files.

I need someone who understands how to upload webpages created in Word 2003 to godaddy. Someone to give me clickbyclick instructions.

There has to be some sort of an orderto upload or something I am missing. Godaddy folks told me that the files are all uploaded to the html folder so I see them on the right side of the window. But they don't know the Word 2003 web pages set up and so they can't help.

I need some more information in order to tell you how to set it up. How did you upload the files to GoDaddy? Can you give me the names of the files that are in that html directory?

I uploaded them thru their hosting account because for some reason fillezilla couldn't connect to the server (don't ask me, I have a message to Qwest)

the files should be

index

about

bio

contact

news

links

and the supporting index_file

for each one

That folder should be 'index_files' with an 's' at the end. Also, you mentioned that there is a supporting 'index_file' for each one. Are they all named something different?

If so, what is the EXACT name of the one for the index.html?

yes there is an "s"

and each supporting file: about has about_files, etc.

I forgot there are 4 additional ones: richard with richard_files, etc.

fontevraud

timeline

lusignans

H.

Can you list the files that are under the 'index_files' folder?
they are jpeg images, I think they are just labeled 1-4
Can you give me the names of the files. I just want to make sure that they are all in the right place.
Also, is there any file in the html folder that looks like .htaccess?
I have no idea
In that case, I'm all out of ideas. I will opt-out and see if someone else might be able to help.
what is htaacess
Programmer: Eljon, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Eljon
Eljon, Consultant
Can you zip up your website and upload it to wikisend.com? Then reply with the URL of the site. That way I can see the structure of the files. Thanks.

thanks--

H.

I am not sure if you agreed to upload the site to wikisend.com or not. Can you verify please?Thanks.