Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Hi, I purchased a new Dell Studio 17 laptop 2.5 mos ago, and…

Customer Question
Hi, I purchased a new Dell...
I purchased a new Dell Studio 17 laptop 2.5 mos ago, and purchased PaintShop Photo Pro X3 and installed it on my new laptop. I would like to transfer the templates that I designed and used on the PaintShop Photo Pro X3 from my old desktop computer to my laptop. How do I go about this??? I can't find any trace of the user defined templates any where in the templates section, yet if I am working on the desktop I can open & use them on the old computer. HELP !!!

Elizabeth Ahern ([email protected])
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/28/2010
Programmer: Jim Clark, Software Developer replied 8 years ago
Jim Clark
Jim Clark, Software Developer
Hi!

Depending on how you chose to install PSP X3, there are essentially two folders to check for application content. One is for all users, and the other is for each specific user. The folders are:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Corel\PaintShop Photo Pro\X3

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Corel\PaintShop Photo Pro\X3

The tag <UserName> should be replaced with your user account name. You should see the application specific content in the user's folder, or for All Users.

I believe you can copy the template content folders that you need from the old machine, over to the new one.

Let me know how that works for you.

Hi Jim,

The older machine that has all my personally created Corel templates operates on the top VISTA system not OS 7( New laptop) don't know if this matters or not. Ihad gone in to the PSP program files but only thAvery,Anery Int., Combination,And standards wrer listed. I took myour suggedtion and went in under my user name and the template files were inaccessable no plus symbol in front of the file (looked empty). any other suggestions?? I must lesve now and won't be back on until tomorrow.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Ok.

Make sure you are logged on an administrator account, and that the file explorer is showing hidden and system files. That way you can see everything. You can change it back when you're done. The steps are about the same on XP, Vista, and 7.

1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Folder Options
4. Click the View tab
5. Click Show hidden files and folders
6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
7. Click OK

HI Jim,

I finally had time to try your solution, (maybe I did something incorrectly) but making hidden files visible did not reveal where COREL is hiding my personally created templates. COREL says, "All new files you create are saved in the appropriate subfolder in the MY DOCUMENTS \ MY PSP FILES and I can't find it, yet my 20 or so (user) templates are available for use when I am using the program.

Is there any hope? Please HELP!!!!

Elizabeth Ahern