Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Using MS Project 2010, I am trying to schedule a 24 work day.

Customer Question
In the Team Planner view...
Using MS Project 2010, I am trying to schedule a 24 work day. In the Team Planner view, if I schedule the start of the task before 4PM, it shows the work continuing through the night. When I assign a task to a resource after 4PM, the task start time jumps to 8AM the next morning.
In the Gantt chart view, I can schedule work to begin after 5PM, and when I switch to the Team Planner view, the task is where I placed it in the Gantt view. But if I try to move the task in the team planner view, the same problem occurs.
How can I do my scheduling in the Team Planner view without this problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/27/2010
Programmer: Lynn Harrison, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Lynn Harrison
Lynn Harrison, Computer Software Engineer
You need to define the work calendar for the project. The calendar defines what hours of which days of the week are work time. Setting the times to be from midnight to 11:59pm should resolve most of this. 8am to 4pm Monday Through Friday is the default calendar.

Thanks for the response.

I have tried that, and many other variations, and it did not solve the problem. If I try to drop a task between 5PM and 8 AM, the task jumps to 8AM. And yet, if I drop the task to start at 4PM, the task will show work through the night.

Any other ideas?

I'm afraid not. I don't have a copy of the 2010 version. I will opt out. Maybe someone else will have a copy or another idea. Good luck.

Thanks for trying.

I think the 2010 version is still beta, due for release in October. Perhaps it's just a glitch that will be worked out by then.