Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have created a database to control the inventory of bank…

I have created a database...
I have created a database to control the inventory of bank owned homes I sell, All my forms are done but I would like to intergrate my main form with a dataview of all my submitted work requests which is in seperate table. I want it to look like the Split Form Option but in the dataview at the bottom to show a differatn table. So in a nutshell I want to see my main form with all the property info that also at the bottom of the form also shows all the work requests submitted in a datasheet form.
6/25/2010
Aaron
Aaron, Database Administrator
Microsoft has an excellent tutorial on how to set that up here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc750890.aspx.
To achieve what you're after, simply create the subform as a Datasheet form instead of creating it as a regular form like they do in the example.

In light of the amount you're offering for an answer, I would be happy to set up the sub-form for you if you'll just transfer the Access file to me. Wikisend works well for that.

I am going ahead and submitting this post as the Answer to your question, but if you would like me to create the subform for you, please feel free to hold off on accepting my answer until I have done that additional work.

I have uploaded the DB to Wikisend, the table I need as a subform is called tasks.

http://wikisend.com/download/808416/REO Manager.accdb

The file you uploaded did not have any Forms, but your initial description made it sound like there would be a main form into which the sub-form needed to be inserted. Are you sure you uploaded the correct file?

I also did not see a Work Requests table or a Properties table, which further leads me to suspect it was the incorrect file.

Edited by Aaron on 6/25/2010 at 11:05 PM EST
Amending my last answer: there is a table called Tasks in the file I downloaded, but I don't see any Forms.

Sorry here it is.

http://wikisend.com/download/970744/REO Manager.accdb

I have added a Tasks datasheet subform to the main form, but I could not tell how the Tasks table is related to the REO Manager Input table, so I did not link it to any field. That means that right now, you will see in the sub-form a list of all Tasks in the database, not just those that are related to the REO Manager Input record presently being displayed. If you'll tell me how the two tables are related, I'll be happy to put in that relationship and re-upload.

http://wikisend.com/download/519564/REO%20Manager%20(1).accdb

By Asset#

Which i guess the subform and table need a field called Asset # XXXXX match with main form?

Yes- I'll go ahead and create that.
Here you go:

http://wikisend.com/download/498342/REO%20Manager%20(1).accdb

Thank you for the opportunity to assist with your problem. Please let me know if you have any issues, and please keep me in mind for any future needs.

Aaron
Aaron, Database Administrator

I can't wait, I don't know why i haven't used the site earlier!!!!

Obviously for an extra fee is there a way to email any new task to the person we assign it in the field [Assigned Too]???

Also is there a way to auto populate the Asset # XXXXX the data sheet below once we type it in on the main form?
Thanks for going ahead and accepting my answer :-)

Regarding your question about e-mailing: the answer is "maybe." Access doesn't innately support sending e-mail, but it can generate a mail message in your default e-mail program, which you can then send. So, long story short, if you use Outlook or Outlook Express (or some other system-integrated mail program), the answer is "yes," but if you use Hotmail.com or Gmail.com (or yahoo.com... or some other...), the answer is "probably not."

You would use the "SendObject" method, documented here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa220736(office.11).aspx.

I wish I had time to help you implement that, but unfortunately I have other projects to get to and I'm leaving town in 2 days for a vacation. If you're still interested after July 6th, I'd be happy to help.

About auto-populating the "Asset #": That's actually already happening on my screen... I'm not sure why it wouldn't be happening on yours. I'll try to think about why it might not be auto-populating.

Hi Aaron,

I wanted to see if you could help me with another task I need to complete on the same database you helped create orginally. Pretty much I need a button on the main form that opens up a simple linked table that we could enter in vendor name and amount paid (like an expense table) that would of course be linked with that record.