Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

New instance of Microsoft Script Editor this is the Just-In-Time

Debugging prompt...
New instance of Microsoft Script Editor this is the Just-In-Time Debugging prompt
6/25/2010
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Not much to tell this pop up just shows up and it takes lots of no answers to close. The header at the top says Just-In-Time Debugging and the Possible Debuggers say New instance of Microsoft Script Editor
-What operating system are you using?(XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc)
-What internet browser are you using?(Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.)
XP professional & Internet Explorer
Open Start -->Control Panel
Double click on Internet Options
Click on Advanced tab
Check
* Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
* Disable Script Debuggung (Other)
Click on Apply and then OK
Check the issue now.

If it does not help,
Click Start->Run
type REGEDIT and press enter to open registry editor.
In left pane, click on [+] sign to expand
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings\
CLick on Settings (in left pane to highlight it)
In right pane double click JITDebug
Enter 1 in Vlaue data
Click on Decimal radio button
Click on OK
Press F5 to refresh the window.
Close registry editor.
Check the issue.

If it does not help restart t computer and check again.
Ask me for more information.

Edited by LogicPro on 6/26/2010 at 1:19 AM EST
It appears the second step fixed the problem since I had already checked the boxes in Internet Options. I will wait ten minutes to see if the pop-up reappears since sometimes it took a few minutes to re-appear. Also I did reboot just incase.
It will fix the problem.
Take your time to check.

Edited by LogicPro on 6/26/2010 at 1:38 AM EST
Popup returned I give up
Let us try something else.
Click on start-->Run typr CMD and press enter.
At command prompt type
drwtsn32 -i
and press enter.
it will show a meessage the Dr. Watson has been installed as default debugger.
it will resolve the issue.
Ask me if not.
Not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file then C:/ documents and settings appeared below that message.
Please type it exactly as
drwtsn32 -i
There is a space between 2 and -
Also a capitol D then Dr Watson appeared. I will reboot and wait ten minutes
Ok. Take your time.
Still show up the same as before. Is this a virus?
No. it is not a virus.
This error comes up if any Windows program (developed in Visual studio) encounters any fatal error.

Click Start->Run
In right pane double click JITDebug
Enter 0 in Value data
Click on Decimal radio button
Click on OK
Press F5 to refresh the window.
Close registry editor.
Check the issue.
Lets face it nothing is working it still appears. There must be a solution somewhere?
Open Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab:
Checkmark both "disable script debugging (IE/other)" options
Uncheck "display a notification about every script error
Click Aply then OK
Check issue.

If no help, Click Start-->Run, type Services.msc and press enter
Look for a service that points to one of the following executables:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsjitdebugger.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\vs7jit.exe
Right click on each of the services, click on properties . Disable the service, Apply, Ok

Check the issue.
Sorry nothing is working and I am going to bed. Thanks for your time but problem not resolved
Go to Start --> run and type msconfig and press enter. Click on services tab and disable non-MS services. Click on Startup tab and disable all startup items
then reboot. Then see if it is functioning
okay. If so, then you can selectively enable the startup and services item (one at a time and reboot) to figure what the problem program is.
You will have to reboot computer after each startup program you enable.
Once you find the culprit, you may like you uninstall that.
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer