Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Request for a very simple Visual Basic program for reservation…

Customer Question
Request for a very simple...
Request for a very simple Visual Basic program for reservation tracking system. This is not a real world app just a demo for a programming project.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Programmer: NeOh, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Could you please explain your requirements ?

Needs to be in VB and then ported over to VC #. Here's the details:

The program is a mock reservation tracking system for a restaurant. Program needs to open with a splash screen (user clicks ok to launch rest of the app). Probably need to have a date-picker and a clock to capture the date/time a user wants a dining reservation. Need a form to capture name, table #, date, and time. Need overall menu to add/modify/delete/list reservations and an exit button.

This is not a real-world commercial app just a programming project.

Needs to have .NET framework classes, forms, arrays, data validation, controls.

Need date: as soon as you can. May need to add a few things but will generously compensate.

Do you need the Data to be saved in the database also ?
Yes. Forgot to mention that. This program shouldn't be anything fancy. Just demonstrating some programming concepts.

I.m Opting out this question as i don't think that i can complete it on time. but i'll refer this question to other experts. They'll help you

Okay understood. When will somebody else reply? I haven't heard from anybody in last two hours.

Thanks,

Programmer: LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
I have answered your other question. Please check.
For this,
Do you want it in VB only for now?
Yes. Also I have more time on this then previously stated. Please don't feel you have to over-work this. Looking for something simple--open to suggestions.

Here's some details:

The program is a mock reservation tracking system for a restaurant. Program needs to open with a splash screen (timer or user clicks ok to launch rest of the app). Probably needs a date-picker and a clock to capture the date/time a user wants a dining reservation. Need a form to capture name, table #, date, and time. Need overall menu to add/modify/delete/list reservations and an exit button.

Needs to have examples of code that shows .NET framework classes, forms, arrays, data validation, controls. Unless you have something simpler.

Thanks.

Download this zip file
Unzip to get your project.
Ask me if you need more information.

Edited by LogicPro on 6/26/2010 at 5:40 AM EST
Just a quick question: What does the remarks mean?

'TODO: This form can easily be set as the ......

Is that something I need to do?
No. You don't need to do anything.
You can remove this. it was automatically added by IDE.
LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Did you see my other request for a GPA Calculator program? I requested you but ended up with someone else. I didn't see your reply but prefer you to do this program because your very talented. Thanks.
Thank you.
I just saw when you replied. I will do that now but you will have to make sure no other expert is working on it. You can request me on that thread and your future questions using my Name "LogicPro".
LogicPro

Another expert did reply but I'm concerned that he will not deliver the program in Visual Basic and Visual C#. I sent him a question about this because his experience does not list these two skills. I prefer you over him. I will see what I can do from this side.
Ok. I am taking over.
Are you still working this? The status shows closed on my question and the website is telling me to "relist" the question.
No problem. It may show closed after 24 hours.

Edited by LogicPro on 6/29/2010 at 1:41 PM EST