Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I need help to show 10 procedures that are associated with…

Customer Question
I need help to show...
I need help to show 10 procedures that are associated with the respiratory system, the codes for each procedure and a brief explanation of the procedure.
I need this NO later than 6/25/2010 10:00 PM central time.
Thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/25/2010
Programmer: Bill Sprouse, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Bill Sprouse
Bill Sprouse, Computer Software Engineer

Are you referring to ICD-9 or CPT codes? Are you looking for a program or just a list of 10 proceedures with codes and description? If you are looking for a program, in what language? Does it just need to display the list?

Edited by Bill Sprouse on 6/25/2010 at 5:57 PM EST

I am referring to the ICD-9 codes. I am looking just for a list of 10 procedures with the codes and desciption of each code.

Not looking for a program. This is for an assignment I am having problems with.

Thanks

The codes have to be for human respiratory system with 10 procedures listing all codes for each procedure from start to final code for billing and a description of each code.

You are aware that ICD-9 codes are for diagnosis, and CPT codes are for procedures used in treatment. Are you sure you want diagnostic codes when your question sounds more revolved around procedures?

Here is the EXACT question from my professor:

"Use the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) manual to list 10 procedures that may be asscosiated with the respiratory system, the codes for each procedure, and a brief explanation of the procedure".

This is exactly how the assignment is written. So this is on the cpt codes NOT the icd-9 codes. I'm sorry for the mistake I made in stating which codes I needed.

Thanks

Here's a list

Codes 32000-32002 - Thoracentesis procedures: Puncture made between the ribs into pleural cavity to aspirate or remove accumulated fluid from chest cavity

Code 32019 - Insertion of catheter into pleural space to drain pleural effusions: Long term placement for management of malignant pleural effusion

Codes 32035-32036 - Thoracostomy: Incision made into the chest wall to provide drainage

Code 32095 - Thoracotomy: Sample of tissue removed from lung or pleura space using biopsy method

Code 32400 - Pneumonectomy: Removal of the entire lung

Code 32405 - Percutaneous needle biopsy of the pleara: Taking a sample of the pleura percutaneous lining of lung and/or lining of inside of chest cavity using biopsy needle

Code 32480 - Lobectomy: Removal of an entire lobe of the lung

Code 32484 - Semental Resection: Removal of one or more lung segments

Code 32500 - Wedge Resection: Removal of a small, localized piece of diseased tissue near surface of the lung

Codes 32855-32856 - Lung Transplantation Backbench Preparation: Standard preparation of organ from donor for transplant into patient

Hope this is what you were looking for. If you have a CPT manual, you may want to narrow the ranges of codes to a single code, that is up to you.

Edited by Bill Sprouse on 6/25/2010 at 6:49 PM EST

No, your answer is all on the lung.

According to the email I sent to the professor, I need 10 different codes for 10 different procedures with an entire explanation of each code. This can include surgurgy, radiology etc.only if it relates back to the respiratory system. Does that help with understanding what I need?

You submitted the EXACT question you wanted answered. Nowhere in that question did it state that all procedures had to be on different areas of the respiratory system. These are 10 different procedures and each has a brief explanation following the colon symbol.

So now you're saying that each code has to be on a different part of the respiratory system? It also seems that a brief explanation of the procedure is not enough. What do you consider an entire explanation as what I gave would be considered a brief explanation of each of these codes.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding but it has to be 10 different codes for 10 different procedures. As to the explanation, it can be exactly what is in the CPT code for explanations, just not paraphrased.
Sorry but I can't help you. I've given you 10 different codes on 10 different procedures. Yes, they all involve the lungs, but that does not make them a single procedure or code. Good luck

The codes you provided are outdated. The 2100-32002 and 32019 have all been deleted and replaced with new codes. The descriptions you gave do not match the current CPT 2010 codes you provided.

I appreciate your time but I cannot use any of what you provided.

You might want to re-post this question in the Medical category as it is not really a programming question. You might have a better chance of finding an expert who is more up to date on these. My experience with medical billing is from 10 years ago so I don't have current books.
How do I go about reposting it to the Medical category?
Just copy the text, preferably with all details that were added through our chats and add this as a question in the Medical category. You can then opt out of this one, or leave it active. If you opt out though, you will not need to post another deposit to look at an answer in the medical category.