Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Have not heard answer to my question...in 20 minutes.....please…

Customer Question
Have not heard answer to...
Have not heard answer to my question...in 20 minutes.....please respond
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/25/2010
Programmer: Jim Clark, Software Developer replied 8 years ago
Jim Clark
Jim Clark, Software Developer
Hi!

This question is referring to editing you web site content, correct? shavinggay.com?

I have looked at the site. The web pages appear to be custom creations. If that is the case, the way to edit them is probably going to be using a standard text code editor.

However, there may be a way to edit you pages from your server account. Your ISP can tell you if you have an online editor available. It looks like the site was created by:

http://www.istartus.com/

They would be the best to start.

At JustAnswer we can only communicate with you through this message service. We don't directly modify your web site, but we can look at code, and advise you on how to address problems. For you to edit your pages, you'll need to get access through your hosting service, find out what editor they provide, get FTP access if they don't have an online editor, etc.

Once you have that, the content for the About Us page starts about 2/3 of the way down with:

<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It all started when some of Hollywood stars began missing shooting schedules because the hot camera lights were creating razor burn irritation.</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Costly productions were cancelled as some of cinemas most famous faces couldn&rsquo;t and wouldn&rsquo;t do a scene after shaving&hellip;.the misery from their freshly groomed faces was killing them!</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">What else is new? Men have been suffering from that sting and soreness for decades!</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Hearing those stories growing up, the sons of two Warner Brothers make-up specialists decided to experiment with a new and different formula, a combination cream &amp; conditioner that mixed their original 100% all natural cream with the world&rsquo;s best skin softeners. The result was a grooming breakthrough that not only shaved smooth and easy but actually produced an incredible velvet feeling. Like a baby&rsquo;s skin&hellip;.&rdquo;as soft as butter, all day&nbsp;long.&rdquo;</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It had&nbsp;no official name until they began to offer it to their friends on Fire Island and Provincetown. Before they knew it, the reputation of this dual 2 &lsquo;n 1 product was sweeping through gay communities like SoHO in New York&rsquo;s Greenwich Village to</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">South Beach in Florida and across the country to San Francisco&rsquo;s Haight Ashbury and Palm Beach. </div>
<div style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Fittingly, they named it P&rsquo;artners and you can see for yourself with this free 5 week trial supply. As we say&hellip;.&rdquo;we wouldn&rsquo;t be giving it away FREE, if it wasn&rsquo;t so good.&rdquo; Trust me, you won&rsquo;t shave with anything else again!</div>

That's what you'll need to edit. It's similar for the other pages.

Hope that helps. About all I can do is point you in the direction to get started. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

lET ME RESPOND BY SAYING FIRST THAT IT SEEMS THAT YOU CHARGED ME $44....TWICE THE $22.....YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT RESPONDING TO THIS QUESTION.....AS FOR YOUR ANSWER.....IT'S NOT SATISFACTORY....i HAD BEGUN TO RETYPE THE COPY ON THE PAGES .AND WAS DOING FINE...NOT SURE IF I WAS ACTUALLY CHANGING THE CODE...DIDNT WANT TO...JUST TO GET IT ONTO THE SCREEN....WHERE I COULD PRINT OUT WITH N EW TEXT IN ORDER TO HELP THE NEW DEVELOPER...IT WAS PUT INTO MY DOCUMENTS FILE...AND NOW CANT GET IT OUT OF THAT....IN MY DOCUMENTS AS "ABOUT US"...KNOW THIS SOUNDS CONFUSING...BUY iM PISSED AT THE $44....WANT MY CREDITCARD CREDITED....$22 IS NOT $44!

I'm sorry. You listed a question twice, and placed a deposit for each.

Until you approve of an answer no one is credited for anything. The deposit can be returned by contacting customer service. I have gone ahead and notifed JustAnswer that the question was a duplicate, and that you have requested a refund for $22. The amount of your deposit will remain as a credit on your account until they process the refund.

And, as always, the rule here is that if you are not satisifed with the responses you get, then you are not required to pay.

tHANK YOU FOR RESPONDING...THE $44 CHARGE GOT ME HOT...SEEMS THEY BILLED ME TWICE...WAITING TO GET A CREDIT TO MY CARD...LET'S SEE WHAT THEY SAY....THE ANSWER i GOT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE....JUST WANTED TO GET SOME TEXT ONTO THE PAGE AND PRINT OUT...WITHOUT ANY CODING ETC....JUST WANTING TO HELP MY WEB DEVELOPER...SHOULD HAVE TYPED IT ON A SEPERATE PIECE OF PAPER ...WITHOUT TRYING TO DO IT ON THE SCREEN ITSELF. ..BUT i WAS ABLE TO ALMOST DO IT...(ABOUT 1/2) THEN LOST IT AND DIDNT KNOW HOW TO TRY AGAIN...SOUNDS CONFUSING ...i KNOW....YOUR ANSWER TO CONTENT SOFTWARD...NOT UNDERSTOOD IN LAYMENS TERMS....NEEDED A SIMPLE ANSWER.
It sounds like the best way is for your to write down what you want the page content to be, then contact your designer/developer and have then edit the page content for you.

That's the simplest answer I can give you. Your site host can tell you what other options are available for editing. Deciding if it is more than you want to take on, is completely up to you. It's not very hard, but it does require getting familiar with it, and learning how it works. That part is different for each application, so I can only give you general advice.

Any amount you place on deposit will remain on credit, until you accept an answer. Then your account will be debited, and the experts account is credited with a percentage of the amount. Each time I post an answer, you may be prompted by the system to accept. Please do not accept any answer unless you are satisfied with the response. If you are not satisfied that your question has been answered, then you can ask more questions, of let the question expire and time-out. Your credit will remain on your account until it is used, or you request a refund.