Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

i posted this question 15 minutes ago...no expert assigned…

Customer Question
i posted this question 15...
i posted this question 15 minutes ago...no expert assigned as far as i can tell...this was before i saw your feedback about adding for John D...this continues the process with same excel 2003 sheet with 5 pages. Now that I applied filter and made some edits to one page/ how do i save and create a new one page spreadsheet that contains these filtered/edited results only...AND....keep the edited filtered results in the main underlying spreadsheet... Then....After sending the filtered one page spreadsheet to someone who will make further edits, I will need to merge the one page results back into the main spreadsheet
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/25/2010
Programmer: Bill Sprouse, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Bill Sprouse
Bill Sprouse, Computer Software Engineer

You right click on the tab for the particular sheet you want to copy. Select Move or Copy from the pop-up menu that appears. You will get a pop-up box that has a To book: field and a Before sheet: selection list. Click on the arrow to the right of the To book: field and select (new book) and this will copy just the selected sheet to a new workbook.

To merge results back, you do the same on the one sheet workbook that has been edited. First open the 5 sheet workbook, then open the new edited one sheet workbook, you need both open. Right click on the one sheet tab and select Move or Copy. Select the other workbook in the To book: field and select where you want the sheet inserted from the Before sheet: list. After the edited sheet is moved into the 5 sheet workbook, you can now delete the original filtered sheet and rename the one just moved if needed. Or you may also delete the original filtered sheet before copying the edited version. In either case, please make a copy of your 5 sheet original just in case something goes wrong. This type of edit should never be done without a backup.