Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have a cnc machine control program that I believe to be written…

Customer Question
I have a cnc machine...
I have a cnc machine control program that I believe to be written in C++. We upgraded our hardware and now the program denies us acces. I can send some of the files if anyone would be interested in locating the issue with it. The problem wont happen uness attached to the machine as the program gives a path not found. Maybe one can back track from the deniel program to the application software.
Thanks Jeff
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/23/2010
Programmer: syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX am here to assist you.

First I need more information.

When the hardware was upgraded was the platform/operating system on which the application is running updated as well?

Also, can you post the files so I can look them over?
We upgraded the drives an plc which has updated firmware. If you asking about the software that we are trying to use which is our control program and OS on the PC no it was not upgraded which. we were told we didn't need to do. The hardware is same manufacturer as old ones. The problem seems to be that it had a OEM trigger that locked out the program since the OEM didn't perform the upgrade if that makes sense? How do I post files?
Jeff
So did you add more drives? If so then that could have changed the path and caused the issue.

Upload the files to rapidshare at the link below then copy and paste the link to files here so that I can access and review them:

click here

I have uploaded some of the files I think are inportant in to one account.

We have the same amount of drives that are new model upgrades of the older ones we have which were only about 5 years old. I was told that "quote" that all they did was transfer our drive files and plc files over to the new and they feel that the problem with the control software (file pagassi.exe) is that the OEM of the machine set up a password XXXXX something that maybe reads affaire number of PLC to control changes or what ever, to which the OEM doesn't even want to talk to anyone about it. So it's our problem. The pagassi.exe and gr.ini are in 1 folder it is the control software. The rest of the files were in another folder the errorepassword XXXXX what comes up when we click on pagassi. Hopefully I haven't confused you to much. The login for the rapid share account is (jeff2010 for u/n and minimill for p/w)

Thanks Jeff

Ok thanks.

Please provide the rapidshare link they gave you after the upload as well.

Hmmm....looks like some of them were screened out. Next please try posting them to the link below. The password XXXXX XXXXX:

click here

Can't find a place to upload
Ok so it looks like I have some but not all of the files. Please try uploading to the link below:

click here

Note that to upload you will need to create a free account and login however after you have uploaded the files you can just let me know that they have been uploaded and then I will be able to download and review them.

I uploaded 5 of the files that I think is involved in the problem. There are of course many more files in the system.

Thanks Jeff

Ok - so I will review the files and get back to you.
OK
Thanks Jeff
Ok so I have checked and compared the files and am speculating that the software may require some type of licensing code in the password XXXXX So try running the software without one of the password XXXXX (move it to a different directory or temporarily rename it) and then note the error if different and then do the same with the other password XXXXX Since the dates on the password XXXXX are different it could be that only one of them are required in which case it may work with one but not both.
No chanege at all still doesn't work.
Jeff
Did the error change when only one password XXXXX is available to the program?

Also, if you remove the .ini file is the error still the same?
The error didnt change. I removed one at a time. Removed both no change. Removed ini. file no change.
Jeff
Ok then I am going to open this question up to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Ok Thanks lets see what happens and go from there.

Jeff