Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Hello All, Im having an issue with a website for a new

Customer Question
Hello All, I'm having an issue...
Hello All,

I'm having an issue with a website for a new client and I'm not sure if it's a Java issue or something else and I'm hoping someone here can help.
Some background information first: This client that wants to transfer one of their websites to our server from another vendor. Our IT department has already obtain the files for the site and saved them to our server. During testing we noticed that the image verification logic is not displaying the image which means the person cannot enter the characters from the image to complete the registration process.

The form for the page (jsp page) has the following code:

And then in a file called struts-consumer.xml I find:

image/jpeg
imageStream

and I think that the line from the jsp is connected to the line in here where it says action name="randVerifyCodeImage" ... and this means that it is supposed to perform the action in the java class RandomGraphicAction which in turn should display the image.

When I look at the .java file for that class I'm not seeing anything that I think might be an issue either. But I'm very new to Java and the other programming constructs used in this website.

Any help would be appreciated! Let me know if you need anything else to better respond to my issue.

Thanks, Michelle
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/23/2010
Programmer: Kevin Bui, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Kevin Bui
Kevin Bui, Computer Software Engineer
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

Can you please post all relevant files zipped and uploaded to wikisend.com so I can take a look at your problem in a testable environment? Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for taking at look at this problem for me. I've uploaded the zipped file to wikisend and the download id is 923736. I set it so that a password XXXXX XXXXX and that password XXXXX XXXXX The zipped file itself is called Member_Regist.zip

I believe I've included everything that is relevant to the issue I'm having. If there is something else you need for your testable environment please let me know.

Also, if you'd like to view the current working member registration form you can go to https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/regist.action

Thanks, Michelle

Thank you! I will take a look at this and get back to you as soon as possible!

I was just wondering if you've had any success in figuring out the issue I've asked about? I recently spoke to a professor at a local college about this same issue and during our conversation he said that he doesn't believe the problem has to do with the java programming. He believes it most likely is a path issue and he suggested I look at the Struts files for the site to find the path issue.

From what I've read on the internet it looks like Struts is a way to separate database code, page design code, and control flow code. But I'm unsure of where to look to find what might be this path issue.

If you're not familiar with Struts please let me know if there's someone else that might be able to help.

Hi, yes I have to agree with the professor, I couldn'tfind anything wrong with the Java code. Unfortunately, I do not know Strut so I will opt out for another expert. If I figure out the problem in the meantime, I will let you know!