Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

For John D Additional work on Insert Picture that you completed…

Customer Question
For John D: Additional work on...
For John D:

Additional work on Insert Picture that you completed for me yesterday.

1) It needs an error routine if user cancels the file load that gracefully exits .... Resize rowheight needs to be either reset or the code moved to after the file is obtained.
2) I would also like an "on event" for a mouse rollover that increases the picture size when the pointer is in the picture cell.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/20/2010
Programmer: John D, Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant replied 8 years ago
John D
John D, Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

Hi Jim,

Just letting you know that I will look into this later today. Will get back to with the solution, or if I need any clarification.

OK. Cool

Ok, did the first two, but I was not able to understand how exactly you want the picture resizing to work.

First you need to click on something to invoke an event which will fire the macro. Now of course we cannot have a code assigned to a picture object if the picture has not been loaded yet. So your option for triggering the macro is selecting or clicking the cell itself, or by using a button

The other thing that is not clear is if you want the macro to resize the picture you need to input the desired dimensions. Would that be entered in an Input box?

In the meantime here is the modified macro for the first two.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ucide9

Hi John,

How about a separate macro that toggles between the cell-sized picture and the larger size. I want to set the size programmatically and not let the user change it.

If Pic exists then enlarge //// If Pic exists then restore to cell size.

Show me two options... mouse over and single click...

Okay?

I have another question if you want it. It will relate to the numbering levels to assist me in assigning formats.. I have over 5,000 lines of data to format. Let me know and I'll file another question with JA

Jim

Ok, I will see what I can come up with

You can post the new question as a separate question or just post it here if you want.

I already posted it. For John D:

Jim,

I am not sure what sizes you want to toggle between, but sizing pictures is not as easy as it sounds because one has to consider among other things the aspect ratio of the picture which will make it fit in one dimension only. It also depends on the sizes of your own pictures, and it also may require some trial-and-error procedures to arrive at a desirable result.

In the file below this is how I envisaged the sizes - i.e. based on which cell is selected. If you want it differently feel free to play around with the code (depends on personal preference and can a bit time consuming)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lw064b

Hope this helps.