Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Hello,I am designing a form in vb.net 3.5 a windows control…

Customer Question
Hello, I am designing a form...

I am designing a form in vb.net 3.5 a windows control form (very basic). I am looking for a way to draw 14 circles on a form. There will be two columns of 7 circles each. I then want each of the circles to be a different color. After 8 seconds one of the next circle up the column on each side will light up with color and the previous circle will become white.

I have tried the draw ellipse method using the
Protected Overrides Sub OnPaint(byVal e as Paint EventArgs)

I then go on to use use "a" which is defined globally as graphics. I want to use a globally define counter to determine which circle needs to be lit up at the appropraite time. I was also using a basic timer as the impetus for filling the appropraite ellipse with color. When I have the timer_tick event go off the fillelipse method wont work. I think it is because i have already painted the form. I suppose I need some kind of overriding function that will repaint the form each time the timer_tick event goes. Help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/19/2010
Programmer: Jason Jones, Programmer replied 8 years ago
Jason Jones, Programmer
Good day,

Just to be clear, you want 14 circles to be drawn on your form?

Once I receive your response, I will start putting together the appropriate code.

Thank you.

Yes sir, 14 circles

I reread your initial post and I'm sorry to say that I do not fully understand what your question is.

Can you please describe in further detail which issues you are having with the drawing of these circles?

Thank you.

I'll try to write up what I want

Form loads

Draw 14 Circles in 2 columns of 7

Colors in order from bottom to top: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, inidigo, violet

Timer is initialized and starts

All the circles are empty (they have no filler color, except bottom 2 red circles)

Timer ticks after 8 seconds

The red circles loose their color

Orange circles get their color.

Timer ticks another 8 seconds

Orange circles loost their color

Yellow circles get their color.

etc. etc. until it cycles back around to red.

I hope that helps. I am trying to make a light show for my physics students I know it sounds odd but it would take awhile to explain.

Thanks Let me know if i can clarify further.

I think I got it now, thank you for the explanation.

Do you want to upload what you currently have and then I can 'fix' it and re-upload it for you?

Please, compress all the files into a Zip file and then upload that zip file to http://www.wikisend.com

Once it has uploaded, please give me the resulting link.

Thank you much.

http://wikisend.com/download/917718/Drawing System.txt

Thanks so much

Relist: I still need help.